Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Edges Golovkin With Majority Decision in Action Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had Golovkin winning again, but this was more competitive than the first fight. He outboxed and outlanded Canelo in the majority of rounds.

Comment

• Insanity defined?

those who think US boxing is legit, that's insanity. further defined, those who know it's corrupt and still pay for it.

I get those on the fence, but damn. I like GGG, but am honest, if he lost, well, he better get better and fix what was broke, i want to look back and say he won honestly, with class, etc. we all knew for GGG to win he had to knock out Canelo, he didn't, and the results were expected, but GGG didn't deserve to get a$$ raped twice. a trilogy would be better if it were 1-1, right? last fight one scorecard was 118-110, they did this obvious crap because they can, they knew people would still pay to watch this circus sideshow. they thought nobody would notice if some housewife, who never watched a sport in her life, let alone boxing, scored the fight. I don't watch most US sports anymore, i'm assuming it's all corrupt, so who really cares

I'll go with 87% of the world of boxing who's who giving GGG the win

Comment

• Judges should be scoring fights watching from a monitor. It gives them a better perspective of the action. But boxing is stuck in the old days. It's going to take decades for things to change.

I don't understand how from 6 judges over two very close fights. Only 1 scored it to Golovkin.

Also is there a conversation to be had about 15 round fights for these mega unifications bouts ?

Anyway. Taking aside all the BS from De la Hoya and Goldenboy over the past few months. Respect to Canelo, he's a frickin beast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
          That’s my main issue with the scoring. No way he won that 12th.
          Same here....I scored it a draw but I felt GGG won the 12th. Hopefully a trilogy and GGG can summon one last great effort at 37 yrs old. Unfortunately, I think GGG loses that third fight unless he starts going to the body early and often. He can't knock Canelo out with just those headshots and jabs. Canelo's recovery after taking some of those shots was "Holyfield-esque"

Comment

• I scored the fight 9 rounds to 3 for Canelo..

Comment

• 7-5 either way was not anywhere near a robbery IMHO. I gave Canelo the nod he is the only one that made any adjustments from the 1st fight to this one.GGG did not expect Canelo to come forward the whole fight and it worked, he was also the only one to work the body these 2 things in combination had GGG gassed. Canelo was against the ropes only one round the 10th I believe when he was hurt,he fought like a warrior .Both guys have A+ chins too, they both ate hellacious shots.This is a rivalry worthy of a trilogy.

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbesab View Post
                Same here....I scored it a draw but I felt GGG won the 12th. Hopefully a trilogy and GGG can summon one last great effort at 37 yrs old. Unfortunately, I think GGG loses that third fight unless he starts going to the body early and often. He can't knock Canelo out with just those headshots and jabs. Canelo's recovery after taking some of those shots was "Holyfield-esque"
                Yeah g didn’t throw enough combinations in the first half of the fight and he definitely needed to go to the body more.

Canelo certainly proved he had a chin yesterday. Even when he was rocked he recovered very well and still kept his head and fought smart.

Like I said I had ggg winning but it was a close fight so I’m not too aggrieved by the overall decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post
                  Here's the official scorecards and punch stats.

Round 2 went to Canelo on all 3 judges cards yet GGG landed twice the power shots and jabs.

Round 3 also went to Canelo on all 3 scored-cards and although it was closer GGG again out landed both jabs and power-shots.

Round 5 all 3 judges scored for Canelo...a round which GGG out landed Canelo 22-14 / 10-6 jabs / 12-8 power punches. GGG out landed Canelo in both jabs and power-shots by 50%.

If those round were scored as they should have been for GGG...the score would have been 112-116/117-111/112-116 all for GGG. Even if you gave the 3rd round to Canelo even though he was out landed in both jabs and power-shots...it's still a unanimous decision for GGG.

It was another robbery...and that's what I predicted would happen unless GGG KO'd Canelo.

Thank you. I knew I saw ggg outperforming nelo. People focused too much on Canelo’S uncharacteristic forwArd movement in this fight. They were swayed by it. I still saw Canelo get outworked.

Comment

• Ignoring the scoring and looking at the way it was fought between the two. I saw the opening rounds as GGG's jab vs Canelos hooks. Canelo was landing efficiently and GGG wasn't doing enough. But he adjusted and switched it up to the body and it was pretty even between them. Canelo came back in the middle rounds as GGG was starting to feel the tempo. But his mentality to rally against that pressure in the last 4 rounds as Canelo slowed himself was staggering. The more I talk about this fight, the less the scorecards matter and the more admiration I have for both of these men.

Comment

• Fantastic fight. Props to Canelo for stepping up. Close fight. It was a draw. Don’t mind a trilogy !

Comment

Working...
                      X