Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sorry. I just rewatched Wladimir vs Haye. Why all the blame on Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both guys are to blame for the fight being lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      Nah man he didn't try his best, even when he knew he needed a KO he simply decided to play it safe and survive. He didn't fight to win.
      He wobbled Wlad in the 12th round....

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        He wobbled Wlad in the 12th round....
        He fought the same way he did in round 1, he just happened to connect with a good shot and he didn't even capitalize on that = didn't fight to win.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          It was a chess match - one I found intriguing. Haye simply did not throw enough to win and although the final score was wide, the rounds were very competitive. I thought Wladimir fought a smart, smart fight.
          I enjoyed the fight live... Its not one I would go and watch over again, but live I had fun watching

Comment

I thought they were both to blame. Both seemed unwilling to mix it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              He fought the same way he did in round 1, he just happened to connect with a good shot and he didn't even capitalize on that = didn't fight to win.
              Yeah he happened to connect with a shot because he was....you know...trying to connect with a shot which is what you do when you want to win a fight. He didn't try hard enough but to say he "didn't fight to win" is ******ed.

Comment

It normally takes two to make a shitfest (unless your BHop, who can turn any fight into a shitfest)

Haye deserves criticism for not delivering on the big talk. He let a lot of people down. With Haye's talent, power and ability it should have been the toughest fight of Wlad's career, but he just wasn't able to take the risks he needed and Wlad fought to his usual gameplan, masterfully. I agree with the other post about Haye wanting to capitalize on any mistakes, but Wlad just doesn't make mistakes, Haye had to bring a war to Wlad and force him out of his rhythm.

Comment

I started a similar thread a while back and hit a lot of red K for it.

I made thread in response to a lot of people referring to Haye as a bum while Wlad is an ATG.

Now if that's true why wouldn't an ATG HW push the fight and punish a bum CW who had insulted his family's honor?

In the end wlad fought a very safe fight and gave Haye little chance, which was the smart thing to do, but clearly Wlad didn't think Haye was bum because he was extremely cautious in that fight.

Hayes gameplans was ok except he should have taken more chances late. In the end Haye just couldn't land that fight changing shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Whilst you could also say that the 6'7 250lbs man fought cautiously against a cruiserweight.
                    Wlad is not 6'7", he's 6'6" and Haye is 6'3", the same height as Muhammed Ali.

Haye isn't a natural cruiserweight. He walks around at 220-225 and said he was "killing himself" to make the 200 pound CW weight limit.

And lets not forget, Wladimir had most of his amateur fights at below 200, the same as Haye did in the amateurs.

I'm not saying they are the same size, I'm pointing out that you're trying to exaggerate the size difference to discredit Wladimir.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Wlad is not 6'7", he's 6'6" and Haye is 6'3", the same height as Muhammed Ali.

Haye isn't a natural cruiserweight. He walks around at 220-225 and said he was "killing himself" to make the 200 pound CW weight limit.

And lets not forget, Wladimir had most of his amateur fights at below 200, the same as Haye did in the amateurs.

I'm not saying they are the same size, I'm pointing out that you're trying to exaggerate the size difference to discredit Wladimir.
                      Not really. I don't care enough to know his exact height. There is a significant size difference between the two men. Its not really an excuse though because size doesn't win fights even though Wladimir uses his very effectively.

Comment

Working...
                      X