Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Feels Wilder Should Not Do Trilogy, Explains Why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kinda agree with Ward, but do feel that Wilder has to face Fury immediately for psychological reasons. Particularly given that he felt that his team should not have thrown in the towel.

Comment

Love

Wilder is in love with himself, he will take the fight...Do you remember a certain Adonis Stevenson?

Comment

They said the same thing about AJ when he got knocked down 4 times by Ruiz...

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
          I'm not that sure there will be anywhere near the money in a third fight as there was in Saturday night's fight. Seems to me the outcome is fairly predictable. Without the proper amount suspense as to the winner the fight won't sell well. I didn't see anything from Wilder that tells me he has much of a chance against Fury.
          Wilder is forced to take the third fight... he doesn't have anywhere to go instead... even if the money is at half...

Comment

Pbc buma

Back to fighting PBC bums for 1 million dollar paydays0

Comment

Andre might be right but Aj won't ever step in the ring with D.Wilder & there isn't much heavyweights out there period so he might as well take the rematch & get that money. He needs to work on a couple of things like NOT pulling straight back from punches of a man who has reach & height over him so he should learn how to duck, stop throwing weak jabs & use the left hook (Fury is open for that shot) along with some upper cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by marquisjohnson View Post
                Back to fighting PBC bums for 1 million dollar paydays0
                FOH with your dumb hatin' shet.

Comment

Ward is right about the wilder corner, it’s clear they are a bunch of sycophants who tell wilder how hard he punches and how great he is. He needs someone who can take him back to basics and how to employ the left hook at mid range and as part of combinations, the uppercut in the clinch, how to move his head and feet with lateral movement rather tha. Just moving backwards and leaning back from punches, he had GOT to move forward instead of backwards, and he needs to get back to roadwork EVERY MORNING. He really needs a totally new corner and that includes his strength and conditioning coach who clearly isn’t helping his stamina. He needs a total makeover and he himself needs to stop being so damn stubborn about giving away rounds. We all saw this coming, whether or not we thought it was going to be fury is another matter

Comment

I don't knock Wilder for not having the style to beat Fury. Wlad worked hard on his craft he didn't have the tools/style to beat him either.

Truth is, Fury is the Kryptonite for these super heavyweight, mainly because he is just so much darn bigger than they are. You cant fight him at range because he has more range than you (and decent enough movement). And when you try to get close he just locks you up.

The type of dude who will beat Fury (outside of him beating himself) is a talented heavyweight who can work his way in and fight on the inside. And even that would require a ref to break up Fury from the headlocks and grappling.

Wilder's 2nd greatest attribute has always been his length, but with that negated he has a hard time getting to use his power. I was actually impressed by him in the first round jabbing away to the body, and thought he might try to work his way in, but thats just not him. Although to be fair, thats just not a lot of guys.

Comment

Originally posted by tesholama View Post
                      for the first time in my life i agree with Andre "always right" and thank him for the homage to Breland, while Deas, a disgusting moron
                      Ward definitely knows his stuff. Like leading up to the Khan fight when he said that Crawford had to clean KO Khan (which he didn't) to stay in the conversation.

Comment

Working...
                      X