Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant;20388820 I just came
    from ready that
    Reading that made you cum?
    Last edited by Rockybigblower; 02-15-2020, 02:35 AM.

Comment

One of my favorites all time. I'll actively avoid any of his fights at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        I've always enjoyed watching him fight. Hoping it goes well for him and he makes some money if that is what he is after.
        I don't this ''To Be Named Later'' guy will pose a threat. 2 bum fights and then he should step it up....unless he just wants to be boxing again and not worried about titles

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
          Hey Curt. Do you really think this is a good idea for him? I like him too, but to me this is sad news because he was done when he retired, and inactivity is THE WORST for an old fighter. This will not end well
          I never took him to be disconnected from his senses. He took a long ass time off and I'm sure he's had people in his ear saying ''don't even''. He probably believed it for the 1st few years ?

He's on the right path by being in shape. I'm hoping he does well.

Comment

Originally posted by NORMNEALON View Post
            I love me some Martinez too . He was a very good fighter . Very akward and some great wins vs William's and pavlik . Ring got it wrong with the 2 weight ruler part tho . He had an interim title at 54 but he moved up to have a very good middleweight run . I was surprised and became a fan . Gotta love a good underdog story , I thought he beat Williams in the first fight , then the guy fights pavlik instead of Williams, makes him his son , then DESTROYS Williams with one of the most savage kos of the 2010s . And it was in 2010 . Besides marquez dialing out Pacquiao I cant remember another title fight where I thought the ko victim was dead like these 2 ones. I mean iam sure there are but off the top of my dome these2 stand out bigtime. Maravilla was never thought to be a big puncher and Williams was said to have an iron chin which I think he proved it was top notch . That ko was startling . Just something else that literally no one expected . Stand up sergio martinez , pls stay retired champ .

That shot was text book perfect timing

Comment

He was actually one of my fave fighters but simultaneously was very overrated. Built a career off knocking out an overblown welterweight (first fight was close too) and beating pavlik who took the ultimate schooling going from 40 year old hopkins. From what i remember had a few other losses early on but as always people say he wasnt 'prime' even tho he was age wise. Lucky to beat Martin murray too, not hating as i liked the guy and his style but hed have lost to canelo ggg and jacobs clearly and hes lucky he wasnt about in this era.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                I never took him to be disconnected from his senses. He took a long ass time off and I'm sure he's had people in his ear saying ''don't even''. He probably believed it for the 1st few years ?

He's on the right path by being in shape. I'm hoping he does well.
                I honesty cant see it at all. I like him too, but age and ESP inactivity with it I cant see him even being competitive with a top 10 guy. Hopefully he don't get hurt, and can make a little money if that's what is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                  I honesty cant see it at all. I like him too, but age and ESP inactivity with it I cant see him even being competitive with a top 10 guy. Hopefully he don't get hurt, and can make a little money if that's what is needed.
                  I don't see a title in his future. He will beat enough lower level guys to ''earn'' a shot and lose. Sending him back into retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                    I don't see a title in his future. He will beat enough lower level guys to ''earn'' a shot and lose. Sending him back into retirement.
                    I honestly cant even see him even beating a top 15 guy. Inactivity is the WOSRT for an old fighter, and he has to be in mid 40s. I guess we will see unfortunately because I always liked him.

Comment

I joined Boxingscene in 2009 to ask about his next fight. One of my favorite boxers ever.

I expect him to fight Golovkin if he looks good in this tuneup if the Canelo trilogy doesn't happen in September.

Comment

Working...
                      X