Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sulaiman: Still A Two-Year WBC Ban For Any Pro Who Participates In Olympics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sulaiman: Still A Two-Year WBC Ban For Any Pro Who Participates In Olympics

Four years have gone by, but the World Boxing Council (WBC) remains firm in its original stance on pro boxers participating in the Olympics-steadfastly against it. The 2016 Rio Olympics ushered in the first-ever class of pro boxers taking part in what was always meant to be the highest stage for amateur combatants. Former titlists Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam and Amnat Ruenroeng were repeat Olympians, while Italy's Carmine Tommasone suspended his 15-0 pro career at the time to represent Italy as a first-time participant.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good pros shouldn't be participating in the amateurs anyways.

Imagine poor Lomachenko meeting Salido lol NO GOLD MEDALS FOR LOMA THATS FOR SURE!

Comment

I'm sorry, but I see the Olympic games as a little bit more than just an amateur competition. This is Nation vs Nation. It isn't the AIBA or golden gloves. I think that Sulaiman is doing the fighters that want to compete, as well as the countries they would represent, a huge disservice with this ruling. I feel that the Olympics should be viewed as the highest stage for athletes, not just amateur ones.

Comment

The Sulaiman Rule:2 Years For Olympics 6 Months For Peds (No belt has been created as of now).

Comment

I bet if Canelo participated in the Olympics Suliaman would reduce the sentence to nothing and blame it on tainted meat.

Comment

In 30 years you will be remembered for representing your country. You won’t be remembered as the guy who passed on a meaningless alphabet title.

Comment

Sulaman Sr. ran the organization better. Jr here thinks he's the voice of the sport but he's still wet behind the years.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                I bet if Canelo participated in the Olympics Suliaman would reduce the sentence to nothing and blame it on tainted meat.
                Sheit, he'd make a special belt for Canelo.

Now, presenting the Franchise Champion with his official "Rey de los luchadores del Olympio" belt, here is Mauricio Sulaiman.

Comment

I don’t really think he gives a rat’s ass about safety, or any other kind of principle for that matter. I’m not really sure what the real reason is.

Comment

There is no reason to demonize a good act just because you're pissy about not so good ones done by the same entity.

Pros should not fight amateurs, duh. The WBC, once again, has placed lives first. It isn't the WBA, the IBF, or the WBO who made boxing 12 rounds. It isn't the WBA-IBF-WBO who made the ten point must. Not the WBA's stand 8. Not the WBA's neutral corner. WBC placed lives ahead of sales time and time again and they're doing it now.

How does the WBC benefit from banning pros who fight amateurs? No possible way huh? The money isn't there is it? Show some ****ing respect and quit crying about goddamn belts and rankings, lives matter more.

More to the point, even if no one ever gets ****ed up and maimed like they do in the pros, they are amateurs, this is the start of their career, the Olympics has been a spring board for STARTING a pro career literally my whole life. Let the kids start their ****ing careers before you throw pros at them and ruin their lives.

I don't know what kind of ****ed you have to be to ***** over the existence of something stupid like the WBC-F title so much that you can not praise the WBC for putting safety and security first. Y'all ****ed up and that's why we have so many goddamn haters and so few fans, y'all're ****ed up **** ups.

Comment

Working...
                    X