Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why cant we as Amercicans support our Heavyweight Champ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
    I for one am definetly aboit being a fan of boxing first and a fan if the fighter 2nd.
    But Wilder is good for boxing he bring hype to build ups and is alaways fun to watch why are we against our own Champ and rooting for Joshua?
    I am an American boxing fan who likes who I like based on what kind of fighter and person they are and not what country they live in. Wilder is just ok to me. I like AJ more because he fights much better competition and I think he is a better fighter. I prefer his humbleness to Wilder's yelling, screaming and bragging and talking about wanting to kill someone in the ring. Ilike many American boxers very much but Wilder isn't one of them. I hope he gets beat next fight by his fellow American.

Comment

Cuz he is a paper champ who American Boxing fans been complaining about for years.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        I agree. Anthony Joshua should be very careful of what he is asking for because Deontay Wilder is going to put a whooping on that boy so bad. He would never know what hit him.

"The Bronze Bomber is not the stiff Robotic opponent that Wladimir Klitschko was. He is taller, faster, quicker and more athletic than Dr. Steel Hammer was. Likewise, Wilder is the harder puncher, the better overall boxer and a better jabber too because Joshua doesn't move his head.

Anyway you look at it Wilder is the more versatile of the two. He can either out box Joshua or just simply knock him out. It's his choice.
        Just because you THINK Wilder will put this huge whooping on AJ doesn't make it true. That's why they must fight to really know who is best, Wilder is a great puncher but so is AJ. AJ is a better boxer. Wilder is famous for poor sloppy wide swinging lousy boxing. He does have fast hands and a good jag. He had to come from behind to beat slow old Ortiz. Wilder is fighting a guy AJ easily KOed years ago so lets see how they compare against the same guy.

Comment

I'm not for or against anyone because of where they're from. I might antagonize brits with pro America stuff because some of the aggressive ones are annoying and it's fun to troll them but as far a who I root for, it's based on the boxer, not the soil he inhabits.

Comment

Wilder is one of my favorite fighters and as an American would cheer for him over Joshua. I like Joshua as well

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
              Because you don't have a champ yet....
              Wilder has the belt everyone wants, in modern boxing history. Go ahead, aask AJ if he wants it. LoL!!

That's champ enough for now ...

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                He's comically uncoordinated and
                ... and has one of history's highest KO ratios. Doesn't make sense does it? LoL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  I'm not for or against anyone because of where they're from. I might antagonize brits with pro America stuff because some of the aggressive ones are annoying and it's fun to troll them but as far a who I root for, it's based on the boxer, not the soil he inhabits.
                  Right. “May the best man win” No preference should come before hoping for a good clean fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                    Fans can be excused for not supporting someone they don't believe in.
                    Won't be the 1st time fans missed the boat. Many didn't support Ali for a long time .... some never did.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      you shouldn't support someone just because. ... beating women/mentally handicapped people, etc...
                      I must have missed that stuff. Anyway, Wilder is a fun guy, very down-to-earth. But, don't diss him and make him think you're serious.

But I've known/met many boxers over the years. Not many of them play with people clowning them or challenging them. They get irritated at name-callers too.

Comment

Working...
                      X