Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG OFFICIALLY CANCELS VEGAS VENUE FOR MAY 5th?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG OFFICIALLY CANCELS VEGAS VENUE FOR MAY 5th?

This legit? Vegas as a venue is off the cards for sure?

Gennady Golovkin has been forced to call off his May 5 fight in Las Vegas after failing to find a replacement for Canelo Alvarez.

Nevada Athletic Commission executive director Bob Bennett and GGG’s promoter Tom Loeffler confirmed the news on Wednesday.

Alvarez pulled out of the rematch with Golovkin after failing two drug tests and testing positive for Clenbuterol.

The Mexican is facing a suspension from boxing and took the decision last week to remove himself from the GGG showdown, despite initially insisting the fight would go ahead.

Golovkin’s back-up, Spike Sullivan, then rejected the chance to replace Alvarez as the middleweight decided there was not enough time to prepare to face the unbeaten unified champion.

The latest set-back has forced Golovkin to cancel his May 5 appearance in Las Vegas, which means there will be no major boxing event held in the city on Cinco de Mayo for the first time in ten years.

[.....]
    http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/12/gennady-golovkin-cancels-may-5-fight-las-vegas-7460871/

Once Spike dropped out, I figured this would be the case. Less than a month before the date, he has to push it back. I would assume the plan is to fight Canelo in September, I just hope GGG is smart enough to take a fight before then as well

Comment

The incompetence of K2/Loeffler in full display.

They knew since March 5th this cancellation was a possibility and made zero attempts at securing a backup opponent. They began scrambling when Canelo dropped out. That is an amateur team at work.

Fans that booked flights and hotels are letting Loeffler have it on social media because Loefller assured them it would still be a fight and not to cancel anything. The guy is a limp novice cuck. He lets GBP dictate to him how to manage his star fighter. GGG is an idiot for still being under that K2 banner.

Even while Canelo is "suspended" he is still barking orders and K2 is obeying. Word is that Canelo doesn't want GGG to fight at all May 5th to not risk their potential rematch in September. This is the guy you accuse of being a lifetime doper and you're still kneeling in his presence. GGG might be a cuck as well.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
        Once Spike dropped out, I figured this would be the case. Less than a month before the date, he has to push it back. I would assume the plan is to fight Canelo in September, I just hope GGG is smart enough to take a fight before then as well
        Requre 24/7 testing from now until their next fight or no bueno.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
          The incompetence of K2/Loeffler in full display.

They knew since March 5th this cancellation was a possibility and made zero attempts at securing a backup opponent. They began scrambling when Canelo dropped out. That is an amateur team at work.

Fans that booked flights and hotels are letting Loeffler have it on social media because Loefller assured them it would still be a fight and not to cancel anything. The guy is a limp novice cuck. He lets GBP dictate to him how to manage his star fighter. GGG is an idiot for still being under that K2 banner.

Even while Canelo is "suspended" he is still barking orders and K2 is obeying. Word is that Canelo doesn't want GGG to fight at all May 5th to not risk their potential rematch in September. This is the guy you accuse of being a lifetime doper and you're still kneeling in his presence. GGG might be a cuck as well.
          Something is definitely wrong with the Golovkin team. K2 appears to be incredibly incompetent as you say. Your right it's like GB is in charge of everything. As much as it pains me I agree Golovkin has to share part of the blame because K2 works for him.

Comment

GGG should cancel the whole fight for May 5th and fight BJS in the summer. To hell with Canelo, sue him and Golden Boy for damages in the meantime...

Comment

Karma lol shouldn’t have gone crying to the media about peds

Comment

Nobody should be asked to prepare and fight GGG on 3 weeks notice. That's just leading the herd to slaughter.

Comment

Trust boxing scene top headlines. I do and I read them every day. They are fast and accurate. If boxing scene has it posted then it's true. If they don't have it posted then it's just talk.

Comment

Maybe oscar and clenelo can do a live sexshow with a whisk , a wooden spoon and lemon squeezer on may 5th.
                    Ole gingeroid and tranny de la hoya can put it on PPV as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X