Comments Thread For: Andrew Cancio Repeats, Knocks Out Alberto Machado in Three

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... Just checked again...

Cancio holds the "World Boxing Association World Super Featherweight Title" (which is the "regular" champ belt...)
    ... while Gervonta holds the "World Boxing Association Super World Super Featherweight Title... (which is the "super" champ belt -- namely the "true" one...)

(you should go at https://box.live/boxing-rankings/ and see for yourself...)
    I dont need to check out no website....

Takashi Uchiyama- won title in January 2010

Jezreel Corrales- beat uchiyama in april 2016

Alberto Machado- beat Corrales in October 2017

Andrew Cancio- beat Machado in February 2019

now I dont see tank davis name in there at all...

if anything... he missed weight for his IBF title in August 2017.

Now when Corrales fought Machado he missed weight... effectively stripping him of the WBA "Super" title.

WBA then goes and changes the title to WBA "regular" title.

and then for some reason they make the fight between Tank Davis and Jesus Cuellar (who lost his last fight at FEATHERWEIGHT to Abner Mares) for the WBA "Super" title
    thats fact right there

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      If Miguel Cotyto Promotions was against it, I would like to know who was "for it!" I hope it's not Oscar, because he should know better! Size matters, but skills pay the bills!
      Opposite. Golden boy wanted to make Cancio/Alvardo mandatory fight instead and have Machado move up and rebuild at 135. That was out the president of Golden Boy own mouth after the first fight. Then Machado and his team exercised the rematch clause and that's why the rematch was made because the Cotto/Machado side wanted the direct rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        he actually doesnt

Takashi Uchiyama- won title in January 2010

Jezreel Corrales- beat uchiyama in april 2016

Alberto Machado- beat Corrales in October 2017

Andrew Cancio- beat Machado in February 2019

now I dont see tank davis name in there at all...

if anything... he missed weight for his IBF title in August 2017.

Now when Corrales fought Machado he missed weight... effectively stripping him of the WBA "Super" title.

WBA then goes and changes the title to WBA "regular" title.

and then for some reason they make the fight between Tank Davis and Jesus Cuellar (who lost his last fight at FEATHERWEIGHT to Abner Mares) for the WBA "Super" title

im sorry but that's a fuggin joke.

I dont consider or see Davis as a legit champ at 130 lbs
        FACTS!!! What the crooked WBA did to Machado was criminal. He beat the man who beat the man etc. He was the true Super champ and they stripped and downgraded his belt. Cancio just knocked out Machado twice he should be the WBA true champ if not for corruption WBA was paid to gift Davis the belt. SMH

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          Opposite. Golden boy wanted to make Cancio/Alvardo mandatory fight instead and have Machado move up and rebuild at 135. That was out the president of Golden Boy own mouth after the first fight. Then Machado and his team exercised the rematch clause and that's why the rematch was made because the Cotto/Machado side wanted the direct rematch.
          I just read the article again, and it said the took the fight against the advice of Promociones Miguel Cotto and Golden Boy Promotions! So who are his "handlers?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            I just read the article again, and it said the took the fight against the advice of Promociones Miguel Cotto and Golden Boy Promotions! So who are his "handlers?"
            So then it was Machado himself who refused to listen to Oscar or Cotto (his promoters). His people close to him Roach or his manager, his family members should of talked him out of this. Horrible decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              So then it was Machado himself who refused to listen to Oscar or Cotto (his promoters). His people close to him Roach or his manager, his family members should of talked him out of this. Horrible decision.
              FACTS! Ultimately the blame falls on Machado!

Comment

• Puerto Rico needs a champ to hit that market. It keeps boxing alive there. That young kid from El Monte won’t go far. Whose next on the horizon?

Comment

• FYI, pbc is selling to ufc for 600 mil. They probably spent more than that building the brand. I hope this doesn’t happen to DAZN.

Comment

Working...
                  X