No announcement yet.

Trigonometry existed 3700 years ago

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    Interesting bit of history? You know it don't work like that around here. There's slick bruvvas and stiff Euros

Pick a side and wage war
    And then theres Lomachenko. He defies traditional bscene categories.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      Me too.

Who cares about planets and astronomy? What kind of smut were they choking it to back then? That's what I want to know.

I always thought they just drew **** and ass with a piece of chalk in a cave somewhere and jerked it to that, but they're a lot more advanced than we originally thought.
      lmfaooooooooooooooooo

these new jackie chan avis with props got me dying

EDIT: Just saw the We Wuz Changz. Laughing so hard I can't breathe.

Comment

... one should read this:

The genetic structure of the world’s first farmers -- Iosif Lazaridis & al., 2016)

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/bior...59311.full.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
          And then theres Lomachenko. He defies traditional bscene categories.
          He's the very rare slick euro

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            lmfaooooooooooooooooo

these new jackie chan avis with props got me dying

EDIT: Just saw the We Wuz Changz. Laughing so hard I can't breathe.

Hype Job's Santa Chan avy gave me this idea.

Too bad Shaolin Sword is banned. He was the reason I started using the Jackie Chan avy a few months ago. It really annoyed him, he even sent a "Kick Me" gift because of that lol. Then about 3 or 4 other posters started using it to troll him even more lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              3,700-year-old Babylonian tablet rewrites the history of maths - and shows the Greeks did not develop trigonometry
              "The tablet, known as Plimpton 332, was discovered in the early 1900s in Southern Iraq by the American archaeologist and diplomat Edgar Banks, who was the inspiration for Indiana Jones.

The true meaning of the tablet has eluded experts until now but new research by the University of New South Wales, Australia, has shown it is the world’s oldest and most accurate trigonometric table, which was probably used by ancient architects to construct temples, palaces and canals.

However unlike today’s trigonometry, Babylonian mathematics used a base 60, or sexagesimal system, rather than the 10 which is used today. Because 60 is far easier to divide by three, experts studying the tablet, found that the calculations are far more accurate."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2...y-maths-could/
              Bull****. The Egyptians invented Trigonometry and Geometry. The damn pyramids are triangles and are way older than 3,700 year old. They came up with the theory. Of course, now that it is proven over that they were africans every body and their momma will try and place invention theories everywhere else in the world.

http://www.storyofmathematics.com/egyptian.html

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                Bull****. The Egyptians invented Trigonometry and Geometry. The damn pyramids are triangles and are way older than 3,700 year old. They came up with the theory. Of course, now that it is proven over that they were africans every body and their momma will try and place invention theories everywhere else in the world.

The Sumerian civilization is older than the Egyptian civilization.

The Egyptians go back to like 3000 BC. Though the pyramids aren't that old.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post

The Egyptians go back to like 3000 BC. Though the pyramids aren't that old.
                  Exactly.

Sumeria is much older than ancient Egypt.

So the "Greeks invented everything" crowd and the Nubians can both suck a d1ck as far as this thread is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Exactly.

Sumeria is much older than ancient Egypt.

So the "Greeks invented everything" crowd and the Nubians can both suck a d1ck as far as this thread is concerned.
                    Babylon is basically like the middle of the world.

Middle Earth, I guess you might say.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                      To be honest, i know very little about Sumerians, and the literature on them is absent from academia as well. So, this is not really an argument i am trying to have because it is really a guessing game, worse when you look at how these things are dated. However, if the sumerian trig tablets found are 3700 years old, then that puts them in 1683 bc. The oldest pyramid is Djoser found in Saqqara, dated to about 2630 bc, this would make it 4,647 years old.

The Egyptians go back to like 3000 BC. Though the pyramids aren't that old

3000 bc would put them at 5017 years old. Additionally, archaeologist and historians are fumbling with the age of ancient Egypt. Their count starts from dynastic Egypt. Remember theory that the Sphinx pre-dates dynastic Egypt.

Here is a crazy theory:

https://www.ancient-code.com/scienti...000-years-old/

Comment

Working...
                      X