No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson & Muhammad Ali!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    I think Tyson gets his chances early with Ali!
    He can use his pressure but it better not be in a 24'squared ring, he'll never get there!
    Even in a 22' he will have his problems with Ali setting distance and remaining fluid, remember Tyson is a arms length fighter NOT an inside worked as Frazier was! Frazier bobbed & weaved his way close Tyson slips side to side and likes to punch off those moves. Inside Tyson usually clutched and held. Mike preferred to bang when his opponent was on the ropes and might get Ali there if he can close distance. If Ali stops to exchange early he could get caught but not easily because of his unorthodox habit of leaning back Tyson could take the body. He would need to reach as Frazier did to land on the jaw or wait till Ali slows down late in the fight.
    I could see this as a Frazier vs Ali type of fight with the exceptions of Tyson throwing more shots early but not working inside once he's there. Ali using the jab to score but not as frequently as other opponents but staying away until he feels Tyson begins to reach and/or tire!
    Ali is the best thinker at heavyweight ever and his methodology comes into play best with dangerous opponents (Liston, Frazier & Foreman)
    This would be a hell of a 10 rounder with Tyson having a shot at a decs. that's right he might!!! A 15 rounder has Ali's methods winning the late rounds and enough mid rounds to take it. No one stops Ali even when he was
    out of shape and past his best. I don't think Ali steps into Tyson to try and get him out even late. One hell of a fight, should be held in NYC. Yankee St.

I'll take Ali by decs. something like 7-5 (12) or 9-6 (15) 10 rounds might be even, Tyson could produce a hell of a work rate over ten if he could think that way.
    I liked both at younger ages than most, I feel that they were optimizing their talents then. Tyson prior to prison and Ali before being banned!

Merry Xmas
    Thank you Ray. This is a wonderful analysis. I also was thinking a frazier situation might give a clue... yes Frazier was more strictly able to work inside, he also had a more consistant work rate, he was a true pressure guy who could keep it on and on, the only other guy who I can think of who did that as consistantly was perhaps Holyfield. its hard to say with Dempsey but if we assume Mike and jack were similar, when they put the heat on the kitchen got very very hot, but perhaps at intervals as compared to Frazier. Again, hard to tell with Dempsey...he may have also had the capacity to keep it going, have not seen enough footage to tell.

One of the best points yu make relates to Ali's third arm...his brain, which really delivered the most kO's. This is a guy who, while not as his best, defied the odds in a gigantic way, at least twice. Thats phenominal. Ali would maximize his reach over Tyson, the fight may look like the Douglas fight actually. But Tyson always has a chance to catch one with those fast feet and explosive shots and when he did he could pivot so quickly into a position to keep the heat on.

Yankee stadium indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Elroy your trolling is to much. Why don't you make your own thread where you can explain why size is the main thing? And do make it specific, because I do not understand what the **** you are talking about.

So Tyson has a better chin, has greater strenght, power, speed etc. And as evidence for these preposterous claims elroy provides ..... Drumroll.....

2 ****ing pictures!!!

That's sceince man. Muahahahahaha.

Yeah. Ali had longer reach. Elroy that is what is known as a FACT!

Tillis is comparable to Ali! What does elroy use to back up this again rather preposterous claim? NOTHING.

And Marvis Frazier is an oponent comparable to Joe Frazier. Wtf? In appearance maybe. A picture would reveal that. And since pictures are elroy's main exhibit, then of course he is correct. In his own world that is. A world where everything is simple and can be judged by appearance.

Elroy you get an F. That is only because your command of english is decent.

Now quit smoking crack while posting on boxingscene.
      My kids when they were younger used pictures...apparently so did I. My mother has a picture I drew of her in Nursery school, this was the 60's, people had open minds at that time in the usa lol. My mother was a looker, she had a real va va voom figure and we were asked to draw our moms. I drew a sort of skeleton face, arms, legs and two obvious ****! Everybody got a laugh out of it, as a kid I couldn't understand the fuss... i guess using Elroy's methods a kindergardener can prove that their mom has a nice figure?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        I am a moderator. Not an admin. I cannot ban people if thats what you are suggesting.
        So whose the admin then?

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
          Yes because the version of Buster and Holyfield that Tyson fought were comparable to bloody Ali right?

You moron!

Tyson faced several opponents as bad as Ali in the first half of his career and he beat every one of them. THOSE are the facts.

And really, do you think his losses to Holy and Buster were due to his poor "late round performance?"

GTFOOH!
          i would not be calling some very respected members of this forum names it shows your lack of both maturity and an overall lack of basic manners have a nice day

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing@2016 View Post
            If there was a match between Muhammad ALI & Mike Tyson who gonna win the match and what was be the reason behind it?

I think that M.Ali will be the winner due to two reasons

1) He will tired Mike Tyson by taking punches on his body with his famous rope a dope technique or by engaging Mike with his physiological skills.
            2) Mike Tyson can,t wait for 12 rounds or even 15 rounds because he had great hard punching & aggressive mood but not any good ability of punch taking which M.Ali will use easily in his favor....
            1987 Mike with his amazing head and body movement would be too much for Ali to handle. 90's Mike (after firing Keven Rooney) however, might lose by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              So whose the admin then?
              http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showgroups.php

Comment

Thanks

Glad to see expert opinions & your views. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing@2016 View Post
                  If there was a match between Muhammad ALI & Mike Tyson who gonna win the match and what was be the reason behind it?

I think that M.Ali will be the winner due to two reasons

1) He will tired Mike Tyson by taking punches on his body with his famous rope a dope technique or by engaging Mike with his physiological skills.
                  2) Mike Tyson can,t wait for 12 rounds or even 15 rounds because he had great hard punching & aggressive mood but not any good ability of punch taking which M.Ali will use easily in his favor....
                  I would say Tyson would be the clear favorite here...Cus trained Tyson to specifically beat Ali because he knew those were the types of guys he would be fighting. Speed is a non important point since Tyson is just as fast and is a pressure fighter...so those two combined would be Alis nightmare. you also are overlooking Tysons body punches would take the stamina out of Ali if it should go into later rounds,where Frazier didn't have that hook uppercut punch combo to drive a shot thru alis guard,Tyson would and would do it religiously if ali tried leaning on the ropes which he would because he would have no place to run. you are severly underatted the physical and athletic conditioning of Tyson.

The biggest factor here really is what does each do the best? Ali has the jab but its Tyson easiest punch to counter....I believe that's would be end game,and if Tyson used his double /triple jabbing technique to get inside ,ali would balk and and have to reset as he always did at worst it would make Ali cover up and have to rethink and rethink fast at what is coming next b/c Tyson fought on the fly. He is not credited with this, and this point too can be Ali's ultimate down fall , if you don't give him a chance to rest and think things over he was vulnerable. What ppl forget is Tyson also switched in south paw stance in some angles so you didn't know what direction he was attacking as well,he basically worked with what you gave him and if he saw a better angle with his great footwork he was able to jump in position again on the FLY , as I could think of many more points but that alone would do it.

One more point is Tyson fought Tillis in only his second year as a pro....A year later he clowned him in an exhibition fight and toyed with him as he did in the 1st even more so. Anyone can nit pick fights and iof we also used this method and compared who each fought and lost too...well then it wouldn't even be close if I broke down those match ups and when and what time period of each...so i'll just leave it out....Had Ali fought Tyson it would have been viewed asa high stake fight ,and in high stake fights motivated mike always showed up.....keep that in mind!
                  Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-11-2016, 02:11 AM.

Comment

....................but Ali is so much taller..................

Comment

Tyson would crush 70s Ali. 60s Ali is a better match but I still think Mike would eventually get to him...in his prime the man was a phenom. It lasted short, but it is what it is. Looking back at some of the earlier tapes of Tyson against Ribalta or Gross or Green...he was so fast and powerful, and his defense was unbelievable. He looked otherworldly.

Comment

Working...
                      X