Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if crawford said he would fight loma at 141 CW what u think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loma might be the most skilled boxer out there...but he's not strong. He is certainly out working guys and fairly easily at that but the Linares fight showed that weight added to decent power will slow his workrate. Pac learned with margarita that there is an upper limit no matter how good you are. He won but he felt every punch in that fight.

Comment

I'd probably put a re-hydration clause of no more than 7-8 lbs in if I wanted that fight but not sure why certain people are already saying Loma should move up.

He could still make 126 and realistically should be at 130 still. I'd advise he stay at 135 and look to dominate that weight and become an all-time great at that weight.

Bernard Hopkins is probably the last fighter to establish himself as a top 10 all-time at one of the traditional weight classes. Too many fighters are doing the belt grabbing at multiple weights. Call me old school but I think it's impressive to be an ATG at a particular weight class that's been around over 100 years. He has that chance and would be at a disadvantage fighting much bigger men in their primes if he decided to move up every 2-3 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
        Loma might be the most skilled boxer out there...but he's not strong. He is certainly out working guys and fairly easily at that but the Linares fight showed that weight added to decent power will slow his workrate. Pac learned with margarita that there is an upper limit no matter how good you are. He won but he felt every punch in that fight.
        solid...ya i agree

which brings me to my point...the situation i presented, while not identical, reminds me of ward saying he'd fight floyd at 160

now we all know floyd said he would never fight there..."everyone has limits".....and we heard time and time again from golovkin fans that "ward cant even make 168 anymore hes a lhw"

golovkin fans have a 2 way street going on that ward duck...half of them point to an unrealistic joke fight ward conjured up that had 0 legs.....as proof that ward could have made the 164 CW golovkin said he'd consider....the other half of them say "168 fight with golovkin? ha ward cant make 168 anymore thats why hes going up"

as crazy as loma fans are getting i dont think they could ever come close to reaching the levels of golovkin superfans...even lomas fans realize theres certain things that are off limits and if crawford offered that and loma rejected? i bet loma and his team and fans would all be realistic about it instead of making up excuses as to why the other guy was full of crap

Comment

[QUOTE=chrisJS;18795512]I'd probably put a re-hydration clause of no more than 7-8 lbs in if I wanted that fight but not sure why certain people are already saying Loma should move up.

He could still make 126 and realistically should be at 130 still. I'd advise he stay at 135 and look to dominate that weight and become an all-time great at that weight.

Bernard Hopkins is probably the last fighter to establish himself as a top 10 all-time at one of the traditional weight classes. Too many fighters are doing the belt grabbing at multiple weights. Call me old school but I think it's impressive to be an ATG at a particular weight class that's been around over 100 years. He has that chance and would be at a disadvantage fighting much bigger men in their primes if he decided to move up ei

im in no way suggesting loma should move up...not at all....just creating an imaginary scenario i think compares somewhat to one we saw recently in the last couple of years.....i dont think loma would/should take this imaginary fight...and i think he should stay where he is

Comment

[QUOTE=Curt Henning;18795526]
            Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            I'd probably put a re-hydration clause of no more than 7-8 lbs in if I wanted that fight but not sure why certain people are already saying Loma should move up.

Bernard Hopkins is probably the last fighter to establish himself as a top 10 all-time at one of the traditional weight classes. Too many fighters are doing the belt grabbing at multiple weights. Call me old school but I think it's impressive to be an ATG at a particular weight class that's been around over 100 years. He has that chance and would be at a disadvantage fighting much bigger men in their primes if he decided to move up ei

im in no way suggesting loma should move up...not at all....just creating an imaginary scenario i think compares somewhat to one we saw recently in the last couple of years.....i dont think loma would/should take this imaginary fight...and i think he should stay where he is
            Is it safe to say this thread is really about GGG then?

Comment

[QUOTE=chrisJS;18795530]
              Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
              Is it safe to say this thread is really about GGG then?
              pretty much ya

his 2 way street fans are the worst...lomas starting to build up a rabid following...but i dont think his fans could ever take it as far as golovkins...at least i hope not

chris...youve seen guys running around here saying "ward said 160 for floyd so why couldnt he do 164 for golovkin" right?

and you know 160 for floyd was NEVER happening right?

you also know half of golovkins fans said ward could never make 168 again anyway and thats why he went to LHW so even when ward said he could fight at 168 he was lying right?

Comment

jesus...wtf is going on with me here and this quote feature...lol

Comment

As intriguing as it sounds I wouldn't advise either fighter to take the fight. Loma looked small at 135 and Crawford might be drained at that weight.

Comment

Nuff said.

https://youtu.be/yuQfCCkurBI

Comment

Not without a fight at 140 so we can see what the hell Loma looks like at the weight.

But I mean obviously I would be very excited to see Crawford and Loma fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X