No announcement yet.

**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TBear View Post
    I like the idea Kobe is playing like a veteran the last couple games. The team obviously does better when he gets assists and is not taking 30 shots. Kobes shot selection and field goal% is alot better too. Who ever made this happen(D'Antoni?) deserves alot of credit.
    he takes the 30 shots when they're losing.

when his team is winning, he doesn't take as many.

numbers can be deceiving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      they've been playing slowball, halfcourt O the past 3 games or so.

you think dantoni changed OR the players said screw this and slowed it down on their own?

Tbh I'm not sure .

Their spacing has been alot better in recent games.

For the sake of Lakers and their fans one can only hope it's Dantoni's wrinkle.

If they can stay healthy they'll make some noise.

Comment

spoken like someone who hasn't been watching lakers games.

lakers had many problems. kobe was at the bottom of that list.
        I haven't, my time is going to the Clippers, Warriors, and Blazers games. From the games I did watch Kobe was apart of the problem.

Here's a fun fact I just dug up. In the games where Kobe has double digit assists and attempts less than 20 shoots they've won. Not close games, but convincing wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
          Tbh I'm not sure .

Their spacing has been alot better in recent games.

For the sake of Lakers and their fans one can only hope it's Dantoni's wrinkle.

If they can stay healthy they'll make some noise.
          they're just playing slow paced, screen and roll/pick and roll.

nothing different.

lakers have good record in low poss games this year, bad record in high poss games.

lakers have top 5-6 def in halfcourt and awful def in transition.

slow game down, don't run and you win.

i don't know why it took dantoni so long to realize.

plus kobe, nash, pau, ron are less tired and more fresh the less running they do.

Comment

he takes the 30 shots when they're losing.

when his team is winning, he doesn't take as many.

numbers can be deceiving.
            I agree about numbers being decieving and I agree when you said "lakers had many problems. kobe was at the bottom of that list."

But to me, rather than looking at certian players being the problem. I looked at the whole team. They did not gel as a team. This was expected because anytime a team makes changes like the lakers did in the off season it takes a bit of time before they gel or really start playing like a team. And though I think Kobe is a great player and should be the #1 shot selection on the team,
            him insisting "it was still my team" rather than "our team" did not make the transition go any better. The last few games I think Kobe has been a greater player by getting the other players involved. His remarkable stats during these two games is nowhere near as meaningful as the fact that the Lakers are winning and playing as a team IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
              I haven't, my time is going to the Clippers, Warriors, and Blazers games. From the games I did watch Kobe was apart of the problem.

Here's a fun fact I just dug up. In the games where Kobe has double digit assists and attempts less than 20 shoots they've won. Not close games, but convincing wins.
              the more assists he gets, that means his teammates are making shots.

his teammates are making shots usually means they're winning.

pretty simple.

kobe was not the problem, the system was.

if the system is whoever can take a shot first take it..... who is most likely to get a shot first?

slow ass ron? gasol who they were putting 20 feet from the basket? no offensive moves dwight?

Comment

• Kobe stopped shooting so much, started passing instead and now the Lakers are winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  I agree about numbers being decieving and I agree when you said "lakers had many problems. kobe was at the bottom of that list."

But to me, rather than looking at certian players being the problem. I looked at the whole team. They did not gel as a team. This was expected because anytime a team makes changes like the lakers did in the off season it takes a bit of time before they gel or really start playing like a team. And though I think Kobe is a great player and should be the #1 shot selection on the team,
                  him insisting "it was still my team" rather than "our team" did not make the transition go any better. The last few games I think Kobe has been a greater player by getting the other players involved. His remarkable stats during these two games is nowhere near as meaningful as the fact that the Lakers are winning and playing as a team IMO.
                  they just changed how they played, bro.

not no greater teammate bs. kobe yelled at dwight 3-4 days ago in the locker room.

Comment

they're just playing slow paced, screen and roll/pick and roll.

nothing different.

lakers have good record in low poss games this year, bad record in high poss games.

lakers have top 5-6 def in halfcourt and awful def in transition.

slow game down, don't run and you win.

i don't know why it took dantoni so long to realize.

plus kobe, nash, pau, ron are less tired and more fresh the less running they do.

I do !

Cause he's Joe block head with Phoenix flashbacks !!!

Why would any coach try and play run and gun with an older team ???

If they stay healthy they'll make playoffs with this style of play.

How far they'll advance we'll be in D'Antoni's hands and his aren't Allstates.

Comment

• At best they can get a 7th or 8th seed which means Thunder or Spurs first round.

Im not sold yet. I like that Kobe isnt jacking so much but they have a LONGGGGGG way ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X