No announcement yet.

WBC ordered Stevenson vs Gvozdyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This the same Gvozdyk that was dropped and hurt by Tommy Karpency?? LOL

If this fight happens that left hand of Stevenson will surely find it's target.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      TV was no issue, the WBC mandated that the money be split 50/50, and there was no one that Stevenson could've fought except Kovalev, yet Kovalev no longer wanted the fight.

Try and spin that however you want
      There were 3 attempts to make Kovalev vs Stevenson and every one was initiated by Kovalev's promoter.

Now let's see you try to spin that.

Comment

The WBC is a joke. They could at least order some bum for a mandatory. Four and a half years without a mando?!? I mean dang, at least make whoever he wanted to fight as a mandatory or something. No mando's for five years. The WBC isn't even trying to look like they aren't corrupt. At least put on a show and act like you aren't taking bribes.

Comment

Still sleeping on Adonis I see, but Gvozdyk's chin is suspect. Gvozdyk had me most excited out of the new prospects (Beterbiev, Bivol, Jack) because he has decent skills and can move around, but he can't seem to move his head as well nor does his chin give me much confidence. He shows he can play it smart though - something he will need to do against Stevenson or else his head is gone

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            There were 3 attempts to make Kovalev vs Stevenson and every one was initiated by Kovalev's promoter.

Now let's see you try to spin that.
            The last attempt was the only one where the hangup over the money and who would actually broadcast the fight had been settled, and Kovalev/Duva ran away when it became clear that they didn't have the money to actually compete.

No spin necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              The last attempt was the only one where the hangup over the money and who would actually broadcast the fight had been settled, and Kovalev/Duva ran away when it became clear that they didn't have the money to actually compete.

No spin necessary.
              Kovalev made so many attempts to get Superduck into the ring you've actually lost count!

Or maybe you're just a lying Kunt with an agenda?

Stevensons promoter said he was happy with the money Duva offered last time she tried to make the fight, but it was scuppered by Stevenson insisting it had to be screened jointly by both HBO and S.T. which was obviously never going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                I also think the WBC were sympathetic in general to the fact that Stevenson cant get a visa to fight in the USA (or likely anywhere else) due to his criminal history. I'm not.
                LOL... Plz show me your trusted source...

That urban tale has a strong hold on misinformed guys... Stevenson did, could and would fight in the USA... Just show him the $$$ ...
                Last edited by Superbee; 06-19-2018, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Boxingscene seemed to not report on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
                    LOL... Plz show me your trusted source...

That urban tale has a strong hold on misinformed guys... Stevenson did, could and would fight in the USA... Just show him the $$$ ...
                    ... of course he did fight in the U.S. -- when Boon KOd him, for instance...

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                      Boxingscene seemed to not report on this.
                      ... maybe they don't take as a serious business the WBC state of affairs at LHW... For instance, WBC ordered Stevenson-Alvarez at least twice, but Alvarez took step aside money... Then WBC ordered Gvozdyk to fight Marcus Browne, Barrera, Alvarez, but all these three withdrew from those ordered fights...

Comment

Working...
                      X