Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum: When Spence vs. Crawford can sell 500k PPV buys we'll start to talk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m not exaggerating when I say this but I genuinely think the fight happens in 2021 or 2022. It’s still a long way from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
      I’m not exaggerating when I say this but I genuinely think the fight happens in 2021 or 2022. It’s still a long way from happening.
      Wtf is this Floyd-Pacman? Aint nobody waiting that long for some boring ass no personality fighters like Spence crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
        I doubt Spence will still be at WW in 2021.

Early 2020 at the latest

Comment

A lot of these fighters these days don't care about the media. Crawford, Spence and Thurman completely disappear after fights. At least Broner knows how to self promote. Threatening to kill himself every month for getting no calls from Floyd is keeping his name active LOL

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Did you see Spence tonight? All the talent in the world, but little personality. Same for Bud. They're not PPV guys and never will be.
            Solid take right now for sure. Its gonna be an uphill battle to get this being a 500k PPV any time soon.

PPV talent, ESPN2 personalities lol.

Granted I think both can gain ground with who they beat, but the guys they need to beat to help them increase there drawing power don't wanna fight (Manny & Thurman). If they both had those guys on there resume right now as they easily could have if the other guy wasn't bsing they might be bigger today & a PPV might be viable right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              I doubt Spence will still be at WW in 2021.
              Tend to agree. I think the clock is gonna run out on Bud vs Spence if this 500k PPV thing is legit what Arum wants.

And remember this is just to get talks going. Good luck from there with Arum agreeing to a situation.

Comment

We're not blaming the fighters, we're just observing that its ludicrous to think that Spence or Crawford will become PPV stars that can sell 500k just because they're talented, win fights and are champions. That's only a small piece of it, and nothing from either seems to suggest that they're on the way to being anywhere else but exactly where theyre at.

That's nonsense; UFC is a different sport, bro. It's like saying if Spence was on the Golden State Warriors he would be star.

Roy Jones fought his last fight on UFC fightpass and it attracted the same amount of interest as it would have if it was on cable: virtually none.

Thurman and Broner were the guys that had the aura like they were going to cross over to the mainstream, but their careers have hit walls... Broner for losing fights he was supposed to win and for being a ****ing weirdo, and Thurman for completely taking his foot off the gas pedal in his career.... coasting to lame decisions and being inactive. Shame.
                And that is why you are not a successful business man like dana white always negative.

Also roy jones jr is old and washed up, dana white streamed his fight as a favor.

Crawford and spence if pushed right could easily draw, problem is mainstream has no clue who they are, they are decent guys who dont care to act a fool like broner and both are fun to watch

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Tend to agree. I think the clock is gonna run out on Bud vs Spence if this 500k PPV thing is legit what Arum wants.

And remember this is just to get talks going. Good luck from thzere with Arum agreeing to a situation.
                  Yeah no way Spence remains at welter, i see him moving up after this year, dude is struggling to make weight he makes the weight but the struggle is real. He has to starve himself. I see him as a career junior middleweight after this

Comment

Thurman and Broner were the guys that had the aura like they were going to cross over to the mainstream, but their careers have hit walls... Broner for losing fights he was supposed to win and for being a ****ing weirdo, and Thurman for completely taking his foot off the gas pedal in his career.... coasting to lame decisions and being inactive. Shame.

Right, and even then both guys are ratings juggernauts relative to the modern boxing landscape. Broner, even after being whooped multiple times and being a subpar elite talent, still puts up huge ratings. Thurman did huge ratings with Guerrero, Garcia, Porter and will likely do some big numbers for his return fight. This just shows that some guys just have that IT factor and some don't.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                      Wtf is this Floyd-Pacman? Aint nobody waiting that long for some boring ass no personality fighters like Spence crawford.
                      They still need to be built up to the casual audience. No one outside of hardcore boxing fans know who Spence or Crawford are. It won’t even sell 300k buys if it happens next year.

Comment

Working...
                      X