Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain Brexit and it's effect on Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    What about Vargas vs Brook? Brook isn't happy with his purse and Vargas was already kind of tight with his purse and was swayed with a cpl extra hundred thousand.
    The pound is down 12.64 percent now. It's falling and at a rapid rate. I wouldn't be surprised if it's down 18 percent when all the votes are finally complete. If Vargas wasn't happy with his purse then he'll be pissed now because he'd have lost tens of thousands of dollars if his purse was in GBP.

Comment

This guy seems pretty happy. As long as this doesn't stop the fights from happening i'm happy for ya'll

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Where are you guys getting this info about the GBP being down? I follow that a couple times a day and at 1.48 it's a bit higher than it's been for months. I know it's been volatile all day so that might be why we're getting different numbers.

Edit; I ask because if it's down, I need to make some investments. XE.com has it up.
        You're seeing what it closed at domestically.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...-20160624-0455

This is giving live updates.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post

Will it correct itself? If so, how long will it take?

Comment

No one knows with certainty but I'd venture a couple of months, maybe sooner.

Nothing changes in Britain for at least 2 years, maybe longer as it takes time to exit the EU. In that time, we'll be trading as usual under the same rules.

Comment

Forget the fights boys, the Premier League is affected. Nobody's gonna able to get the likes of Pogba without forking out an additional 30 mil

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                No one knows with certainty but I'd venture a couple of months, maybe sooner.

Nothing changes in Britain for at least 2 years, maybe longer as it takes time to exit the EU. In that time, we'll be trading as usual under the same rules.
                Cool, cool. I'm reading to much twitter and freaking out. As long as the fights are still on we good

Comment

Looks like it's bounced back a percentage or so. Seems like it might stabilize. It's tough to say how long it will take, possibly never. The market strongly reacts to speculation, so if some big banker sneezes it might negatively affect it lol.

Comment

Looks like it's bounced back a percentage or so. Seems like it might stabilize. It's tough to say how long it will take, possibly never. The market strongly reacts to speculation, so if some big banker sneezes it might negatively affect it lol.
                    Another question. What about consumer spending? Will it tighten up or will people still spend on sporting events like boxing?

Comment

Thx bro. GreenK on refill.

Comment

Working...
                      X