Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many days a week do you guys weight train? I don't really do weights significantly as much as it seems others on here do...

Comment

• Originally posted by Warrior Scholar View Post
      You're gonna like the way it feels.
      Tried it, it was fun. I might switch it up with another similar exercise I do, its the same concept except on a cable machine.

Comment

• Originally posted by cv808 View Post
        How many days a week do you guys weight train? I don't really do weights significantly as much as it seems others on here do...
        I do 3x a week

chest/tris

back/bis

shoulders abs

I play basketball 3x a week for legs/cardio

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
          I do 3x a week

chest/tris

back/bis

shoulders abs

I play basketball 3x a week for legs/cardio
          Interestingggg... maybe I should take up some basketball on the side. I know running is fundamental but it's boring if it's done every day.

Comment

Interestingggg... maybe I should take up some basketball on the side. I know running is fundamental but it's boring if it's done every day.
            BBALL may be even better than standard running. Because you're moving in all directions with explosiveness, AND you're doing it for a long time if you get a good game going with friends.

Comment

• You guys lift then box or vice versa?

Comment

• Originally posted by bngsdad View Post
                You guys lift then box or vice versa?
                Box first.

If I lifted first my arms would be jacked and too pumped to throw fluid punches.

Box first.

It may effect your lifting if you're trying to go heavy and set new PR's... but generally you can still lift pretty hard when you get conditioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                  Box first.

If I lifted first my arms would be jacked and too pumped to throw fluid punches.

Box first.

It may effect your lifting if you're trying to go heavy and set new PR's... but generally you can still lift pretty hard when you get conditioned.
                  That's true... Timing is always off every time I allocate one day to just lifting

Thanks for the tip

Comment

• Originally posted by bngsdad View Post
                    That's true... Timing is always off every time I allocate one day to just lifting

Thanks for the tip
                    I've done both, lift first then box, box first and then lift... either way it's tiring in my opinion.

If I lift first, my arms are tired and sore.
                    If I box first, I'm worn out.

I prefer to break them up into days, boxing club days for strictly boxing and cardio, and gym days for lifting and cardio.

Comment

I prefer to break them up into days, boxing club days for strictly boxing and cardio, and gym days for lifting and cardio.
                      This is the most ideal ^^^

Split up your boxing and cardio days with your weight lifting days.

Whatever day you lift arms - make sure you give yourself 2 days before boxing again.

Comment

Working...
                      X