Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Vacates WBO Light Heavyweight Title; Reign Lasts 6 Weeks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo, dropping belts to avoid prime lions is not a coincidence, it's a money making pattern and a great one at that... BUT let's not make believe it's on the level of unifying a weight class....it's not.

Unification is exponentially more difficult and that's just a fact.

The few people that put Canelo above Crawford and Loma on their P4P confuse popularity with accomplishment. I would expect people on the site to know better and push back but evidently some don't know the difference. Unfortunately there are a few "so called" experts that convolute the two as being equal and in doing so give the cult follower hollow talk points.

In the end it's a marketing technique that generates money and that's great for the sport but P4P it's not.

There I said it, somebody had to.

Comment

• Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
      I don't believe you actually thought that Canelo REALY considered Bieterbiev? I said Canelo was giving up the belt and he did and I'm glad he did. Canelo could never withstand Bieterbiev, he is a bridge too far. Canelo would have suffered permanent damage and for what?

No, It would have been Khan vs Canelo in reverse. Hell no.
      Ward coming out of retirement and fighting Canelo @175lbs woulda been more likely than Bieterbiev and that’s an impossibility. Still that’s the fight I woulda loved to see. I’m cdn and Bieterbiev fights outta here, but I think Canelo would have a chance if he could survive till the final bell. Mostly because I assume Bieterbiev would have been penalized about 6pts by then.

Comment

• This might be a record for shortest reign. Haha.

I think Canelo takes any of the 168-pound champs but the other 175-pound guys would be too much imo.

Comment

• canelo moved up to make history. history made. mission accomplished.

Comment

• Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
            I'm pretty sure he proved he was the best fighter at 130 when he beat Marquez

They haven't vacated their titles so that they don't have to fight each other.

It's still possible that they can fight and probably will fight at some point.

Canelo's vacated the title, so there's no chance they will fight.

Big difference.
            Who’s the lady in your sig?

Comment

• These salty canelo haters sounding like Floyd haters.
              Means canelo is #1 recognized fighter

Comment

• Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                Canelo, dropping belts to avoid prime lions is not a coincidence, it's a money making pattern and a great one at that... BUT let's not make believe it's on the level of unifying a weight class....it's not.

Unification is exponentially more difficult and that's just a fact.

The few people that put Canelo above Crawford and Loma on their P4P confuse popularity with accomplishment. I would expect people on the site to know better and push back but evidently some don't know the difference. Unfortunately there are a few "so called" experts that convolute the two as being equal and in doing so give the cult follower hollow talk points.

In the end it's a marketing technique that generates money and that's great for the sport but P4P it's not.

There I said it, somebody had to.
                What have Loma and Crawford accomplished?

Comment

• Originally posted by M Bison View Post
                  I'm not one to report people, but I feel the need to say that this kind of language is completely unacceptable. Do you have something against people who aren't straight? Kind of shows the level of stupidity and intolerance of a so called boxing fan. Perhaps you feel some sort of insecurity towards your sexual preference the fact you seem so fixated on another man and talk about sucking d's makes me think you're in the closet.
                  Someone that has hatered towards a group of fighters on their sig is complaining about bigotry? Go suck a dick you AIDs ridden faggot with that monkey faced over-rated boxer you have on your sig.

Comment

• so a current mw champ that vacates a LHW title to go back and defend on his two other weight classes where he is not considerable outwheighted , whats there to hate ???
                    canelo needs to be fighting guys much more bigger than him so that there is at least a chance of him getting stopped, him denying haters with that chance is really hurting them LMAO...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bandman View Post
                      canelo moved up to make history. history made. mission accomplished.
                      Yeah he did make history. Maybe the shortest 175 paper champion in the history of the sport. What a proud achievement.

Comment

Working...
                      X