Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 should be the year of the new king of the era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thurman is the new Tavoris Cloud, he'll never cross over.

Shows up and puts on a great performance against a quality opponent, and then disappears for 12-18 months and everyone forgets about him. Repeat until retirement.

Comment

Calling it now Wilders/AJ & Charlo/GGG.Canelo winner don't get made in 2018..

AJ fighting Pulev, Fury and Parker if beat those 3 his the top dude at HW..

GGG/Canelo winner will go after BJS belts

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        Thurman-Spence

Joshua-Wilder

Kovalev-Stevenson/Beterviev

Winner of Canelo-GGG/Charlo

Name some more please!!!

AJ is already the king of the sport. he made london the heavyweight mecca of boxing.
        All roads lead to london now.
        He doesnt need wilder.

wilder needs joshua like carlos baldomir need mayweather

Bottom Line is AJ has lots of options and he is already getting paid . He is selling out arenas.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
          AJ is already the king of the sport. he made london the heavyweight mecca of boxing.
          He doesnt need wilder.

Bottom Line is AJ has lots of options and he is already getting paid . He is selling out arenas.
          Translation=you are trolling as usual

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
            lol

true, i feel you on that

im not talking a popularity contest

nice
            So what are you asking? Next p4p king?
            I'd say Crawford, Loma and Inoue have the highest ceiling in that respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
              He doesnt need wilder.

I agree that AJ is the king as far as popularity/sales, but he's not a lock to beat Wilder at all.

Even though AJ would be at least a 2 or 3 to 1 favorite and he is more skilled, he very well could lose to Wilder, on AJ's turf too.

Sometimes the more skilled guy doesn't end up winning. Wilder's freakish athletic ability could carry him far.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                So what are you asking? Next p4p king?
                I'd say Crawford, Loma and Inoue have the highest ceiling in that respect.
                No king of their divisions

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  I'm not exactly a huge fan of his, but this is Canelo's era. He's the undisputed biggest star in the sport and I think he seems to have the same sort of fan base De La Hoya had back in the day, in the sense that even if he loses a big fight he will still retain massive popularity and mega star power.
                  Was.

Joshua is now but I feel Canelo is P4P better and will outlast AJ if not for some early retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                    Was.

Joshua is now but I feel Canelo is P4P better and will outlast AJ if not for some early retirement.
                    Canelo nearly done, surrounded by a hungry pack of wolves, thats what the Lemieux fight about, delaying the inevitable continuous beatdowns

Joshua fine, hes British, he'll become more famous if he loses, something about that we love

Comment

The consolidation at 126lbs will likely be done (with Valdez likely frozen out if he doesn't want to head to Belfast for Frampton), 135 likely gets settled too (with Bob Arum keeping the WBO belt on his side of the fence).

Things are looking good

Comment

Working...
                      X