Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Cornell Dead!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the best voices of my generation.

Comment

Real shame, his Bond song is up there with the best. RIP

Comment

R.I.P. CHRIS

Comment

Originally posted by Sane Man View Post
          I know, right? Eddie Vedder must be shitting himself. Dude is the last one standing.
          You forgot Maynard from Tool

Comment

goddamn. great singer. probably the best of the grunge singers. in fact, i can't think of anybody who i'd consider better. maybe layne staley, might get a few nods, but certainly not from me. scott weiland, too.

sad that all three are dead. heroin is a hellish drug.

RIP. sounds like he killed himself and was obviously going through tough spots in his life. i always expected a man who accomplished so much in his life to be able to find some kind of joy in just being chris cornell, scott weiland, etc, but they don't.

i mean, sh#t, if i could wake up in the morning and sing like this...:

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
              One of the best voices of my generation.

straight up. amazing, amazing singer.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                he wasnt in bad shape and i dont recall reading about him having drug/booze issues

he was into heroin [later oxycontin] going all the way back to his early teens his death was a suicide from the look of it.

but yeah, i am reading that he played a show that afternoon and looked fine. i mean, ****, 52 is young.

Comment

I recall listening to his interview on Marc Maron's podcast just a couple of years ago. Sometimes you just never know what someone is carrying around with them, the demons they are struggling with. There certainly wasn't any indication that he was suicidal during that interview. Great talent, sad to see him go. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    goddamn. great singer. probably the best of the grunge singers. in fact, i can't think of anybody who i'd consider better. maybe layne staley, might get a few nods, but certainly not from me. scott weiland, too.

sad that all three are dead. heroin is a hellish drug.

RIP. sounds like he killed himself and was obviously going through tough spots in his life. i always expected a man who accomplished so much in his life to be able to find some kind of joy in just being chris cornell, scott weiland, etc, but they don't.

i mean, sh#t, if i could wake up in the morning and sing like this...:

I wasn't that surprised when Staley and Weiland passed, but Cornell?

He seemed like he had it together, especially in recent years.

Been listening to Soundgarden all morning, I have all their albums.

Comment

Wow, I was shocked when I read this. RIP Chris, your music will live forever

Comment

Working...
                      X