Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marine Le Pen: A modern day Joan of Arc

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does she have a realistic shot of winning?

I'd love to hear from anyone who lives over there, or is very knowledgeable on European politics.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

I'd love to hear from anyone who lives over there, or is very knowledgeable on European politics.
      I don't live there but I know that they hold the election in France in 2 stages so that the top 2 (they have a multi-party system) are left for the voters to decide over. I believe she is currently 1st or 2nd overall...however that then leaves a majority of other voters who's parties have been eliminated to vote against her...which is what is expected to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
        I don't live there but I know that they hold the election in France in 2 stages so that the top 2 (they have a multi-party system) are left for the voters to decide over. I believe she is currently 1st or 2nd overall...however that then leaves a majority of other voters who's parties have been eliminated to vote against her...which is what is expected to happen.
        This.

Pretty good synopsis based on what I've gathered as well.

Comment

How when she is an Atheist?

Comment

She's a lock to win right now because of the recent terror attack.

Comment

You don't want Europe to go far right we been through this before we won't live through it this time

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                You don't want Europe to go far right we been through this before we won't live through it this time
                "far right" doesn't mean what it used to, or what modern liberals say it means now.

It's a political smear, not an accurate assessment.

Here's a hint; when a person is calling for a smaller government, they are not "right wing". A true "right wing" government requires a massive government, but yet all too often those calling for a smaller government are incorrectly labelled "right wing".

Comment

"far right" doesn't mean what it used to, or what modern liberals say it means now.

It's a political smear, not an accurate assessment.

Here's a hint; when a person is calling for a smaller government, they are not "right wing". A true "right wing" government requires a massive government, but yet all too often those calling for a smaller government are incorrectly labelled "right wing".
                  She is not calling for a smaller government she is one of those France for French people canidates

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    She is not calling for a smaller government she is one of those France for French people canidates
                    Which isn't "far right" by any stretch. That's called being patriotic.

Ok then, tell me what new Government programs/entitlements is she calling for.

And I'm not trying to argue with you. I'm trying to illustrate how the phrase "far right" is being bastardized for political reasons.

Comment

Which isn't "far right" by any stretch. That's called being patriotic.

Ok then, tell me what new Government programs/entitlements is she calling for.

And I'm not trying to argue with you. I'm trying to illustrate how the phrase "far right" is being bastardized for political reasons.
                      No I think some want to bring back the word "far right" or make more acceptable, this france for the French movement is not new she just doesn't parade the skinheads like her father did

Comment

Working...
                      X