Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Andre Ward ever be a PPV star?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's still young. If he keeps on winning the way he did against Dawson, he'll get on fat yank PPV.

He can get on danish PPV now though. By fighting Kessler in Denmark. But we all know that wont happen.

Comment

Well I suppose I'd better start buying 2 PPVs at a time to help him in this process.

Seeing as how Ward is getting ready to be my #1 favorite active boxer after JMM and Cotto retire I need to start selling more PPVs for Andre

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
        The only real problem is that Ward dossent fit the sterotype.

He is clever,wellspoken, and is anything but controversial.

If he killed someone his stock would rise ten fold
        He should start by beating his wife and work up.

How many PPV 'stars' have there been anyway? The most recent two were launched to that level by Oscar.

Who wants PPV stars anyway? PPV events are what you want, match-ups that are worthy of the price. There haven't been a whole lot of those lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          He should start by beating his wife and work up.

How many PPV 'stars' have there been anyway? The most recent two were launched to that level by Oscar.

Who wants PPV stars anyway? PPV events are what you want, match-ups that are worthy of the price. There haven't been a whole lot of those lately.
          Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          I think he could be,but it's going to depend on his opponents..Most of boxing's young talent is going to need a creditable opponent to be on PPV tbh..Donaire vs Mares is a PPV kinda fight imo(at least I'd order it)..I dear say if 3G keeps winning and moves up I believe that could be a PPV kinda fight..There are plenty,the problem with most is they wanna compare these young fighters to fighters like Mayweather Pac and even Cotto..When in reality there is no young fighters with that kinda pull or status as of yet..

But I can see him earning that kind of popularity...But the right opponent will be key..In Wards case(to be on PPV),he's going to need a very good opponent..Although he is being promoted very well..You see him calling fights on HBO and he talks really well..I can see Ward becoming a star tbh..
          I totally agree..PPV will have to start being great match ups..

Comment

As a Ward fan, I hope he does get a couple of good pay day PPV's but I dont see any in the near future which is a shame because his last fight he not only showed his boxing superiority but his power. I think Ward wouldve had at least one PPV by now if he wouldve focused the main part of his career at 160. Wards a small SMW and his power just barely caught up with him at 168, had Ward been at 160, he wouldve had at least a couple of highlight reel KOs to at least get him 1 PPV. Sad thing is now that Wards body size is matching with power, he already has a label as a boring fighter, which is by far from true.

Comment

Working...
            X