Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: Memo Would Have Helped With Mayweather Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As far as the Marquez that fought Pac fighting Mayweather it would probably still be a one sided decision for Floyd because Floyd isn't going to get overly aggressive and walk into a big counter punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Again you conveniently ignore Marquez being pulled up two weight divisions and then having from weight stolen from him. That's like pulling Ricky Burns or Boner to fight at WW against with no experience and the still taking extra weight. Stop giving him a pass for this nonsense.

Let's have a fair fight, fight at 143/144lbs and let's see who the better fighter is.

If Mayweather is so much better he has nothing to be afraid of.
      Didn't he just fight Pacquiao without a catchweight, you must really, really, really, really, really, i mean reaaalllyy hold Mayweather in high regards, that you think the only way it would be fair, is if Mayweather goes to 143/144.

Comment

• Yes, Mayweather was wrong to not come in at the contracted weight but I never hear any blame put on Marquez for his performance. HE called out Floyd after Juan Diaz fight (correct me if I'm wrong) meaning perhaps he may have been preparing for Floyd before Floyd even considered him at least mentally. Most importantly what I NEVER hear is that Marquez got EXTRA time to put on the weight correctly and prepare due to Floyd's rib injury. Even with that extra time he got a 12 round boxing lesson from a more skilled fighter coming off a nearly 2 year layoff. Not just simply by a bigger man

Comment

• marquez's problem with mayweather is he'd have to get inside to wear him down...floyd's just a longer dude...if marquez is able to tap floyd's body a little better, maybe we're looking at a different fight than the first one...

Comment

• i agree with JMM, if he was in the kind of shape and mental state he was going into the 4th pac fight, he woulda def won some rounds, no can argue that. but the fact still remains, he would have very little to no chance of beating mayweather. 142 JMM or 147 JMM just gets too outlcassed by floyd. nothing wrong with that either, its jus bad a matchup for JMM...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Again you conveniently ignore Marquez being pulled up two weight divisions and then having from weight stolen from him. That's like pulling Ricky Burns or Boner to fight at WW against with no experience and the still taking extra weight. Stop giving him a pass for this nonsense.

Let's have a fair fight, fight at 143/144lbs and let's see who the better fighter is.

If Mayweather is so much better he has nothing to be afraid of.
              bulls**t Marquez wasn't pulled; he wanted the fight and probaly didn't think it wouldn't happen. Was he pulled up two weight classes to fight Manny.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingfaze19 View Post
                I agreee with jmm, I mean floyd didnt even honor the catchweight agreed upon so that W on floyds record has an asterisk. people sayin ''floyd woulda won anyway'' how df do u know yall talkin like marquez is not a living legend, he only landed 12% of his punches, I cant believe he was at his best, at the time he was desperate for a payday, if they fight again it will be more competitive. I mean if it wasnt for joe cortez I think hatton woulda hit floyd alot more . Mayweather - Marquez II for september 2013.
                Why because he's stronger; people act like Floyd hadn't fought for almost 2 years before that fight. Cortez had nothing to do Hatton sorry a$$ not being able to land he's glorified bar fighter and got exposed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                  Saying mayweather nuthuggers thinking the fight would look exactly the same you mean, anyone who has any knowledge of boxing? Style wise Mayweather is all wrong for Marquez. Mayweather is better at everything compared to Marquez, I think I can give Marquez the edge in being mexican but that's about it.
                  Not better, only bigger.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                      I gotta laugh at all the Floyd fans who accused Manny of ped use ignoring Marquez work with Memo. LOL u guys are the worst!
                      Again, no proof just assumptions. Marquez is a master counter puncher who landed a perfectly timed counter, just accept the fact that Pacquiao got KTFO! Btw, he'll never be the same again!

Comment

Working...
                      X