No announcement yet.

Sign the White House.org Petition to label BLM as a Terrorist Organization

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b0x
    Nope this doesn't answer any of the questions I asked unfortunately. And all you say in that post is that the old testament was written by barbaric men so I gather you're a new testament guy. Ironic really since the only thing Jesus did his whole life was try to tell people how he was trying to fulfill prophecies from the old testament and the law of God needing the blood of innocents to forgive sin, and he often quoted it to prove his points too. He even said heaven and earth would pass away but the law would not change. The law of the old testament.

With that out of the way, I am genuinely interested as to how you can answer any of my questions. Also, according to the Bible, you are definitely not one of the 144,000.
    How am I not?

Look, you can read the bible,, but the bible is a gateway to the Lord. If you have your heart shut off to Him, and you are just reading the Bible to accrue a list of bullet points to use as weapons against faithful people. Well you are missing the point. I have read the bible many times over. My post I quoted addressed many of your concerns. If you don't see that, then you aren't ready for my knowledge. Stick to your bullet points.

You say Jesus can't choose who will follow Him, or it will impede freewill. You're a leader. A general can be picked to serve, but it is ultimately his choice whether he will do so or not. It does not impede free will that God has a plan for his children. A most preferred path that He would have us all tread, to our own maximum benefit. Do all his children go along with His plan? No they do not. Many a faithful has strayed from the Lord (not something the Lord would want, but free will).

On the flip side, the Lord has brought people to their full purpose as well. People who have lived a lifetime of avarice, unfaith, and debauchery can repent and be made new. That is a VERY beautiful thing, and not to be denigrated against.

Look the rapist and the victim. I know several women that are very devout that have been raped. Ultimately, the choice is theirs. Its highly unfortunate and unconscionable that they were raped, but they should not let that experience weigh them down for the rest of their life. Many have not. We all have our crosses to bear. For the Lord, it matters where your HEART is when you leave your mortal coil. That's the big kahuna. Many a rape victim have gone on to be faithful so your hypothetical is answered by real people's accounts better so than just theory and bullet points.

the covenants are not mutually exclusive to each other. If you read the bible, as you claim, you would know this. Perhaps you just picked up RandomAngryAtheist's cliff notes and bullet points against Christianity and rolled with it? Anyway, the new Covenant is for anyone that believes unto Jesus. The old Covenant is the Law. We new covenant Christians do not have to live by the Law, because the commandments were broke down into more illuminating terms by Jesus in the Gospels. Instead of don't kill, we have don't feel rage against another either, because that LEADS to murder. Instead of don't covet your neighbor's wife, we have don't look at someone with lust in your heart, for if you have done so, you have already committed infidelity. So you see, the NT is standalone in its signifigance, aside from the setup of prophecy.

Yes Jesus was foretold, and thats pretty much the OT major purpose. To set up the glory of the Lord. I always am a little put aback when people come at me with OT verses thinking they have proved something. I have outlined my belief system, and it is a viable pathway to belief, for those who seek.

For those who don't, the Lord will provide you ample opportunity not to believe, so don't worry.

You want a bible verse? Start with the most important one... If you read the bible with an open heart you would know.

John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Start there.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      God's inconsistency is why b0x is able to out argue you.
      homie, you said the same thing about Furn and many disagreed.

You are deadset against religion and God, so any testimony from you regarding who owned who in a religious debate needs to be taken with a grain of salt, eh?

im out. Got things to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
        homie, you said the same thing about Furn and many disagreed.

You are deadset against religion and God, so any testimony from you regarding who owned who in a religious debate needs to be taken with a grain of salt, eh?

im out. Got things to do.
        Get in here, man. B0x is pointing some times when God was inconsistent.

Comment

The only petition I'm signing is the that labels the United States of America as a terrorist country.!

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger unhappy View Post
            The only petition I'm signing is the that labels the United States of America as a terrorist country.!
            i feel u bro.

america ain't don't **** for me. i don't feel free living here.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger unhappy View Post
              If you hate America, you should try living in Haiti.

It's one of the most wealthy and advanced countries in the world. It's crime-free and there's no racism.

You'd love it there.

Comment

Originally posted by b0x
                Because the 144,000 are virgins.

I am sticking to bullet points. I wish you would answer each one as a bullet point.

A general chooses to be in the military. Jesus said you cannot choose to do ANYTHING unless the spirit of God enables you (including crime then I guess as crime is part of everything) Also, if everything is planned out, it is impossible for you to have objective free will. Otherwise the plan could be changed by you, and the prophecies wouldn't come true.

Yep, I'm all for people turning their lives around, whatever the method.

It is not their choice to be raped. By very definition of the word rape (against someones will). You may know a couple that have 'turned to God', but there are plenty that haven't. If getting people raped is God's plan to get them to turn to him then it doesn't seem very just.

I see now you may be judging me as a liar. What does the Bible say about you doing that then? If you say one man sit here, and another there. Be mindful how you entertain strangers, I have read the Bible back to front. I come not to abolish the law but to fulfill it said Jesus. Heaven and Earth shall pass but not a single point from the law. If you're not bound by the old testament anymore then what's wrong with being gay, comiting adultery or killing people? They're all old testament laws/rules. Paul said he wasn't under the law, but Jesus said you were. The only reason you guys say you're not affected by the old laws is so you can have a bacon sandwich, and trendy beards.

If that's the main purpose then what is the point in the other 99% of text? You should read the old testament, because Jesus quoted it all the time. I guess you haven't because you said you were an NT guy. Jesus was quoting all sorts to back up his actions, like the story of abraham, of adam and eve, of lot, and much more. If you think the OT is just about predicting Jesus coming, you need to spend some time in study. Talking about the OT is what got Jesus killed. ("Before Abraham was I am").

opinions opinions...

Why start something I've already finished. I told you I've read the new testament back to front. You're not teaching me anything by giving me a little bit of John 3:16.

So, I'll paste the questions I asked before since you didn't answer a single one of them. Try and answer under each bullet point.

How is punishing the first, second and third generation of children for the sins of the parents fair?

It says in the Bible he created everything, so why would a loving God create evil and the devil, and put them in the Garden of Eden to destroy humans and eventually drag the vast majority of humans to the lake of fire with him? (He knows everything so He knew it would happen)??

Not really fair if a rapist turns to God and goes to heaven and the victim loses faith or chooses not to believe because of the ordeal and goes to hell. Also, there's no beauty of choice for a victim of rape - they had no choice in the matter.

Also how is an eternity in hell fair for anyone, when the crime they committed is finite?

Also, Jesus didn't pay the price for us if our price is eternity in hell, as he was only there for (depending on who you believe) a maximum of 3 days.

Also did you know the Old Testament condones slavery? And if you did then you also said "His word is a constant, His covenants are eternal". So the old testament is not replaced by the new one, Jesus just fulfilled the need for a sacrifice bit. All the other parts apply if "His word is a constant, His covenants are eternal". If it doesn't then it's not eternal.

Also, God had no problem coming in to help moses and his gang by telling them to kill an entire village and save the female children for themselves. Or saving Lot from a bad city. So why not an innocent child from the hands of a sick individual? Original sin right? No innocents? Well if I don't have to believe in adam to be guilty of sin, why do I have to believe in Jesus to be free from it?

Also, why is it fair for God to punish a person and his children down to the 3rd generation?

Also, if we have free will then how can the future already be determined (which it has to be for prophecy), as exampled by Jesus saying you would not follow me if the father had not chosen you (and he lost a load of disciples that way)?

I'm expecting an answer to this as the bible says you should always be ready with an answer. If you don't have one then I feel it's a case of the blind leading the blind and rather than apologetics, preaching the word as is would be a better route as you guys can do more harm than good for your cause with poor logic or reasoning...

Even your own Bible says that you will not understand it, so it's not a good idea for you to be going around stating your opinions of it as facts. I will show you the verse if you think I'm wrong... just ask and you shall receive.
                syf got his butt hole ripped apart in this thread. talk about domination. last post was days ago. hiding in defeat.

what a moron.

Comment

tl;dr of what the hell is going on in this thread? you guys are typing out novels.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                    tl;dr of what the hell is going on in this thread? you guys are typing out novels.
                    from what I have read, syf tried to defend religion and got his butt hole ripped apart by multiple members that brought facts to the table he never came back.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      If you hate America, you should try living in Haiti.

It's one of the most wealthy and advanced countries in the world. It's crime-free and there's no racism.

You'd love it there.
                      I know nothing about Haiti. I'm not a huge fan of America, but I'm going to keep living here so I can spread the truth.

Comment

Working...
                      X