Gay Marriage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
    We should all be treated equally.

If you're gonna ban gay marriage, you should ban straight marriage too.
    straight up. this.

Comment

I did state Christian marriage in my original post. I'm not proposing that gay people shouldn't be allowed to get married and have the same legal rights as their straight counterparts, merely questioning why they'd want to join a group that has traditionally denounced them?

I don't know how you can claim to be Christian and believe in its teachings, yet ignore its fragrant antipathy towards ****sexuality? If you can bend the laws of Christianity to suit your own sexuality, then surely your faith in that religion it negligible at best. That doesn't mean that you can't believe in a God, but I believe it does prevent you from being a real Christian.

The label 'gay Christian' just doesn't fit when you take into account the Churches history and stance in regards to ****sexuality.

Comment

Originally posted by K.Webster View Post
        I did state Christian marriage in my original post. I'm not proposing that gay people shouldn't be allowed to get married and have the same legal rights as their straight counterparts, merely questioning why they'd want to join a group that has traditionally denounced them?

I don't know how you can claim to be Christian and believe in its teachings, yet ignore its fragrant antipathy towards ****sexuality? If you can bend the laws of Christianity to suit your own sexuality, then surely your faith in that religion it negligible at best. That doesn't mean that you can't believe in a God, but I believe it does prevent you from being a real Christian.

The label 'gay Christian' just doesn't fit when you take into account the Churches history and stance in regards to ****sexuality.
        why are you being so obtuse? christians sin and get married all the time. this is in no way like a black trying to join the klan. christians preach love and forgiveness. the klan hangs you from a tree 'fer lookin at white wimmenz wrong'.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy Ho View Post
          why are you being so obtuse? christians sin and get married all the time. this is in no way like a black trying to join the klan. christians preach love and forgiveness. the klan hangs you from a tree 'fer lookin at white wimmenz wrong'.
          That's why the Church is such an outdated institution. People claim to be Christians yet the fail to follow the basic teachings laid out in the Bible.

If people aren't serious about faith, why get married under the Abrahamic religions in the first place? That's what civil ceremonies are for.

Comment

That's why the Church is such an outdated institution. People claim to be Christians yet the fail to follow the basic teachings laid out in the Bible.

If people aren't serious about faith, why get married under the Abrahamic religions in the first place? That's what civil ceremonies are for.
            in essence; do away with religion? that would be the easiest thing to do for me if i had the power.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy Ho View Post
              in essence; do away with religion? that would be the easiest thing to do for me if i had the power.
              I say, do away with hypocrisy. If people want to believe in a Christian God, let them. But I'm sure going to call somebody out if they claim to be religious yet fail to adhere to the teachings of their chosen faith.

Comment

I say, do away with hypocrisy. If people want to believe in a Christian God, let them. But I'm sure going to call somebody out if they claim to be religious yet fail to adhere to the teachings of their chosen faith.
                this is becoming circular.

having faith and not agreeing with the Bible to the letter is not the same as a Black person trying to join the Klan.

many of these people were brought up Christian and know that the Bible wasn't actually written by "God" himself.

Comment

Let them get married and if there is a GOD then he will decide what is right or wrong and treat them accordingly. I understand where the ts is coming from though.

I think its far worse to be a gay Priest if we are talking about hypocrites.

Comment

So let me get this straight - The church has denounced ****sexuality for thousands of years, yet thousands upon thousands of gay couples still fight for their right to 'marry' under the banner of Christianity. Why would anybody want to join a group that throughout history has explicitly denied their sexuality and lifestyle? It's akin to a black person want to join the Klu Klux Clan, despite the fact that the organisation wishes them dead.

Yes, traditions and values may change over time, but considering most religious people believe God to be a timeless and all knowing creature, surely they can't discount what was written in the original strictures?

If you want to be a Christian, be a proper Christian. If you want to be gay, be gay. You can't be both!
                    I'm going to ask a simple and real question here.

Are you fukin stupid or just trolling? I really hope your trolling.

Comment

This^^^^^^^

Unfortunately being "Christian" has just become a label to most who call themselves that and live in complete opposition to Christ's teachings.

Comment

Working...
                      X