No announcement yet.

Sparring lighter weight classes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring lighter weight classes

Have you been several weight classes above your oppnonent and kept getting hit?

I am a Heavyweight of 100kg and I spar people at 50-70 kg and keep getting hit because they are so damn fast(granted,I do manage to slip 35% of their punches) But am I the only one who feels like this? I also fail to hit them.

do I suck or is this normal? I have only sparred for 1 month while they have been there longer than me,does that play a factor?

Originally posted by KOComplaints View Post
    Have you been several weight classes above your oppnonent and kept getting hit?

I am a Heavyweight of 100kg and I spar people at 50-70 kg and keep getting hit because they are so damn fast(granted,I do manage to slip 35% of their punches) But am I the only one who feels like this? I also fail to hit them.

do I suck or is this normal? I have only sparred for 1 month while they have been there longer than me,does that play a factor?
    You need to cut off the ring and smother them.

I remember when De La Hoya was preparing to fight Pacquiao, he sparred with a real small guy (I think Ivan Calderon?) and he was really beaten up during the session.

Comment

(generally speaking)

small = fast and quick
      Big = power and strength

Work on the clinch, smother, cut the ring off and pick your shots

Your never going to out punch and have higher output than someone that much smaller than you.

I would accept your going to take some punches, walk them down, work on your feet, throw a simple but strong 4 5 punch combo when youve backed them up

Im a middleweight and spar with some guys at 130 also, and i use it to help me work on my ring generalship, control the distance, they will beat me to the punch all day but i know when i do land, they matter

Comment

Originally posted by KOComplaints View Post
        I have only sparred for 1 month while they have been there longer than me,does that play a factor?
        Of course it does. Just keep working on it.

Comment

Yup, it sucks, but it'll help you get better.

Comment

Everybody gets whooped in sparring the first few times unless you are sparring guys your level or maybe lower.

Comment

Use your size, as a smaller fighter if a big guy tries to put it on me I have to worry about not getting ktfo lol

Comment

Working...
              X