Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I believe Al Haymon has major plans for Danny Garcia and may be moulding him.........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without question, they're grooming him. He has the look to attract the casual fans and, being a Puerto Rican from Philly, can capture the urban market.

But can he hold up his end of the deal?

I do think Garcia is underrated on these boards. He's a pound for pounder (or should be at least) and while everyone harps on the Herrera controversy, they overlook that fights like that one can only make him better. More than Khan, Maidana or any welter not named Pacquiao, he deserves a shot at Mayweather. He's earned the big names and he'll get good fights in 2015. We'll see what he does with it.

Comment

Garcia is a good fighter and is better than I thought he was but I don't see him as the future of the sport. He is very beatable against the right style. Mayweather or Pacquaio would literally win every round against him.

Comment

Haymon is a cancer and if this is even a little true it will be a sad day for boxing and an even worse future to look forward too.

Days that come when drawing numbers mean more then the talent and competition in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Garcia is a good fighter and is better than I thought he was but I don't see him as the future of the sport. He is very beatable against the right style. Mayweather or Pacquaio would literally win every round against him.
          I don't know. I think he's a dangerous fight for Pacquiao and for Mayweather to an extent. Good boxing ability, sturdy whiskers and two-fisted power. People like to say he's got slow feet but he moved very well against Matthysse. It's in his arsenal. And I like his corner, believe it or not. But yeah, I'm not completely convinced that he can beat either.

Comment

He'll lose to:

Thurman
            Porter
            Brook
            Khan (maybe)
            Maidana
            Broner
            Bradley

I'm sure I'm missing some from the list. If you mean losing to all those guys makes him the future of boxing then sure he'll be that.

Comment

Originally posted by $BloodyNate$ View Post
              Haymon is a cancer and if this is even a little true it will be a sad day for boxing and an even worse future to look forward too.

Days that come when drawing numbers mean more then the talent and competition in the ring.
              Garcia has fought excellent opposition. You can't discount a resume because he took a soft touch following two tough fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyfist View Post
                Lol, Garcia is the future of the sport.

Tons of fighters at welterweight would beat and probably embarrass Danny.

The reason he is not clamoring for a Floyd fight is, he doesn't think he stands a chance at winning.

Dannys life at welterweight is not going to be a long one. You can only hunt bums for so long.
                They say this all the time yet Danny keeps winning against all odds.

Comment

Originally posted by $BloodyNate$ View Post

Yet his fighters have nothing but good things to say about him?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Garcia has fought excellent competition. You can't discount a resume because he took a soft touch following two tough fights.
                    I didn't discredit Danny. He's a solid fighter. I don't have a problem with him being the face of boxing as long as he continues to fight the best. Salka was an extra soft Charmin tissue touch. Any top 30 140lber would of been better their is no denying that.

My comment was more towards "Haymon is gonna take over the sport" and "Thats what they need a big salty fan base." Danny is a humble guy for the most part. I just hope he rebounds with a great 2015 run.

Comment

Originally posted by Khabash View Post
                      Yet his fighters have nothing but good things to say about him?
                      Well when you get paid good money to fight soft competition would you really complain?

Comment

Working...
                      X