No announcement yet.

So how much do loungers make?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
    Ivy League is where his $300k or what ever figure came from, which is extreme, but quite possible.

It might be a bit high. Maybe not completely out of the question. We could reduce the figure, just to be conservative. $200k ($50k per year) is thoroughly believable, as a conservative figure, for private universities for some students.

But, US colleges are extremely expensive.

There is between 1-2 trillion dollars of student debt outstanding in the US right now.
    The outstanding student debt, will be the next big bubble that crashes and send the economy into a tailspin...

Everyone is going to college, 80% just party and go thru the motions and should even be there in the first place.. They cruise thru college and graduate with a C average, are loaded up with student debt, and the economy has no jobs for them...

College is not for everyone, its for people that are serious about higher education, not just partying and prolonging yourself to get into the real world.
    But college has become swamped with idiots, and the government is paying for it, so the tuition gets raised to absurd heights..

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      I tend bar. Somewhere between 500-800 a week, depending.
      Same here, some nights are good and some are terrible. Although Wednesday I made $240 in tips plus my hourly wage. Wish every night could be like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        The outstanding student debt, will be the next big bubble that crashes and send the economy into a tailspin...

Everyone is going to college, 80% just party and go thru the motions and should even be there in the first place.. They cruise thru college and graduate with a C average, are loaded up with student debt, and the economy has no jobs for them...

College is not for everyone, its for people that are serious about higher education, not just partying and prolonging yourself to get into the real world.
        But college has become swamped with idiots, and the government is paying for it, so the tuition gets raised to absurd heights..
        You make one critical error in your commentary. The government is not paying for it. The retrenchment of public financing has created the situation in which private banks finance inflated tuition through loans.

Otherwise, while I don't agree with what you had to say, it was a fair vent.

Comment

950 every two weeks after taxes and $500 minimum bonus at the end of the month, wich is what I've been getting the last three months. Freaking people don't want to spend money so I can get a bigger bonus.

Comment

Student Debt ?

You capitalists are such a laugh, with your medical bills and your student loans.

I made $88k Aud last year working 3 days a week cos I'm a mother****ing genius and lazy as ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 10COUNT View Post
              Geez!!!!!! Is your work really worth that?
              My bosses think so. I work for a consulting firm though, so the work varies quite a bit. Most of my days are spent making and proofreading powerpoint decks for senior executives. I'd imagine if I did the same thing for someone like FIS I would be making less and the work would be significantly more repetitive.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jay- View Post
                Same here, some nights are good and some are terrible. Although Wednesday I made $240 in tips plus my hourly wage. Wish every night could be like that.
                I bartend too, last night I make 80$ plus hourly. Tonight I'm working as well, going to make bank!

Comment

Originally posted by -Jay- View Post
                  Calgary is booming economically and has been for a decade. Why not work somewhere better? I mean construction or oil fields etc. I'm saying that cuz those guys make crazy hourly wages unlike the bar where you have to depend on tips to help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
                    yeah. i'm currently in port hedland looking for mining work. i current work a garage and the money is double what i'd get in the uk which is cool.....
                    Thats my home state, the land of oppertunity

Might be a little hard at the moment to get mining work because some of the big iron ore miners have been scaling back lately.

Comment

Working...
                    X