Robert Garcia: "Chavez Jr. would beat Golovkin"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Garcia: "Chavez Jr. would beat Golovkin"

Starts at 3:55
    Last edited by Szef; 06-26-2013, 11:26 AM.

Wait, did they say Golovkin gets hit too much and Chavez got power?
    Golovkin hits way harder and Chavez gets hit just as much.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Wait, did they say Golovkin gets hit too much and Chavez got power?
      Golovkin hits way harder and Chavez gets hit just as much.
      Not only that but Rios also said: "Macklin? He's not all that" - look who's talkin'

Comment

Chavez would not make it 12 rounds. Both guys are pressure fighters, but 3G can actually box and has a combination of heavy-hands/balance/good punching technique that makes any punch he throws effective. Chavez wants to fight Vera at a SMW catch-weight, he'd be a dead man walking at 160. Can you imagine Chavez walking into jabs and left hooks to the body for 12 rounds?

Comment

Chavez Jr. is a pretty easy fight for GGG. Jr. can come in blown up and at CW, and I'd still favor GGG by KO.

Comment

Chavez does have real power enough I think to easily gain gggs respect. I would love to see this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Chavez would not make it 12 rounds. Both guys are pressure fighters, but 3G can actually box and has a combination of heavy-hands/balance/good punching technique that makes any punch he throws effective. Chavez wants to fight Vera at a SMW catch-weight, he'd be a dead man walking at 160. Can you imagine Chavez walking into jabs and left hooks to the body for 12 rounds?
              Chavez Jr. has a great chin, 12 round stamina and would come into the ring weighing 185 pounds. He would survive GGG's early onslaught and push his weight on GGG. After 5-6 rounds GGG would gas terribly and Chavez will start taking over and possibly stop him. This is a very intriguing fight, I don't see GGG stopping Chavez, but if he did it would have to be in the first 8 rounds. It would be an easy FOTY candidate no doubt.

Comment

What a dumbass...Chavez Jr is a bum. GGG murks his lazy ass.

Comment

I guess it would depend on how big a factor Chavez's 190 pounds mattered on fight night. I think Golovkin eventually breaks him.

Comment

Didn't Sebastian Zbik completely outland Chavez Jr in near enough every round?
                    Never got seriously troubled and got robbed of a decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X