Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Here's how I saw it.

118-110 if you favored what Floyd did throughout.
    117-111 if you were pretty even on what you thought both did.
    116-112 if you favored what Cotto was doing.

Anything closer or wider is pretty absurd no doubt.

I had it 118-110 Floyd, could easily see 117-111, with 116-112 at the very very closest. Cotto won rounds 6 and 8 watching it live, could have won one of the other close couple rounds. But even in rounds with slower action, which was the case in those couple close rounds, it favors Floyd.
    The part you mention about the scoring is pretty much as i see it, looking back being unbiased i see 117-111 but at the time scored 116-112 more in hope than anything else tbh, Not sure how people pulled out cotto having more than 5 rounds but each to their own i suppose.

Comment

• I think the refereeing was spot on. Got in when he had to but let the fighters earn their checks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
        I agree with you.

As an addition, though, I do think that Canelo should have tried to drown Shane with activity.

I hate when a young guy has an older fighter in front of him and does NOT set a pace that the old guy can't keep.

Pascal-Hopkins
        Dawson-Hopkins
        Canelo-Mosley
        Etc...
        i think its the Old Guys experience and Ring IQ that stops them from setting the pace

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Lets see if manny can make it to 35. I don't think so.
          Let's see if Floyd can make it to 60 fights.

Before May 5th: Floyd is still getting better, he is in his prime.

After May 5th: Floyd is a old man, way past his prime.

There is a difference between, blown up superfeathers, ring rusty well past prime 38 year olds and mentally fragile hype jobs and Miguel Cotto.

There is also an difference between Cotto and fighters like Pacquiao and even Martinez.

Floyd knows it, Do you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            I never said he'd get Gatti'd but I thought he'd get a worse beating and I thought he'd break down quicker.
            he was breaking down big time in the 11th and 12th. But if floyd would have continued to box like he did in the first 4 rounds, cotto wouldnt have seen the 11th and 12th.

Floyd hurt him alot

Comment

• did the ortiz fight not teach you anything? you can't out-hustle floyd or throw him off his game with cheap tricks.

Comment

• Originally posted by chibomber View Post
                I think the refereeing was spot on. Got in when he had to but let the fighters earn their checks.
                I agree there was some great infighting going on .

Comment

• Originally posted by spyvsspy View Post
                  I'm tired of hearing this comment already. Floyd connected around 29% or less of his shots. Numerically...Floyd had a poor performance while Cotto surprised the hell out of everybody. Now consider the fact that Cotto is damaged goods and that says alot about floyd. I have always believed that floyd has picked subpar opponents to make himself look stellar.
                  poor performance? is that why cotto got hurt as much as he did and was almost out on his feet many times. Especially in the 12th?

Floyd definitely would have ko him if he continued to box. cottos hands are heavy but Floyds shots were more powerful and hurt Cotto a lot

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    Let's see if Floyd can make it to 60 fights.

Before May 5th: Floyd is still getting better, he is in his prime.

After May 5th: Floyd is a old man, way past his prime.

There is a difference between, blown up superfeathers, ring rusty well past prime 38 year olds and mentally fragile hype jobs and Miguel Cotto.

There is also an difference between Cotto and fighters like Pacquiao and even Martinez.

Floyd knows it, Do you?
                    FLOYD WONT MAKE IT TO 60 FIGHTS.

Obviously, floyd's age showed in this last fight. He still had the skills.

Yes I do. Manny still gets beaten. Sergio at 154 i don't know.

Comment

• it was a great fight and ref did a great job

Comment

Working...
                      X