No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Impressed By Robert Helenius

I just watched his three most recent fights; and what did I see? Another slow, mechanical robot with the workrate of a statue. Uggggg

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
      I just watched his three most recent fights; and what did I see? Another slow, mechanical robot with the workrate of a statue. Uggggg

Poet
      I absolutely agree here.

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post

Poet
        Every bit as Dreadful as the rest of em!

Comment

• Thoughts on Berto vs Zaveck?

I thought Berto looked more energised and had a little more Fight in him, he looked like he wanted to prove a point.

He was getting tagged a fair bit tho, still no master on the inside where he looks so hittable and we dont know if his stamina would have held up as the fight went on

U gotta feel for Zaveck who knew his best chance was to come on strong late but the eye put a stop to that....
          I must admit as bad as i felt for him i did laugh out loud when he yelled "****!" in his corner lol

Zaveck may or may not have came on strong and Berto may or may not have began to fold, what we do know is Berto is back with a win, an exciting win and win or lose he still makes for some great fights

Gary Russell Jnr looks the buisness, he will do well

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
            Thoughts on Berto vs Zaveck?

I thought Berto looked more energised and had a little more Fight in him, he looked like he wanted to prove a point.

He was getting tagged a fair bit tho, still no master on the inside where he looks so hittable and we dont know if his stamina would have held up as the fight went on

U gotta feel for Zaveck who knew his best chance was to come on strong late but the eye put a stop to that....
            I must admit as bad as i felt for him i did laugh out loud when he yelled "****!" in his corner lol

Zaveck may or may not have came on strong and Berto may or may not have began to fold, what we do know is Berto is back with a win, an exciting win and win or lose he still makes for some great fights

Gary Russell Jnr looks the buisness, he will do well

according to hbo (and memory) i think zavek landed 41 percent of his power shots. he's [berto] fan friendly in that regard, to be nice about it.

russell isn't huge, and he clearly isn't a big puncher, but otherwise the kid's got it. i hope his hands can stay healthy. he should have a big 2012.

berto gets a hard wrap for his involvement with al haymon and some big paydays against soft opposition, and pulling out of a fight because many members of his family were killed in an earthquake

the guy has been in some very good fights. the hanspeed isn't quite what it used to be (remember how fast he looked against stevie forbes?)
            he's also blowing up to 160 for a WW fight. he looked very drained at the weigh in.
            he'll likely head to 154 if he cant get a shot at pacquiao, mayweather, khan, in the next short while. cotto and margarito would both be great fights. as would canelo. hell, if collazo can remain active that would be a great fight. their first fight was terrific.

it's nice to see a guy get back in the winning column.

i've never thought berto was going to be a great boxer, to be honest

when he was coming up he was billed as one of the next big things, mostly because of the handspeed. he's never been elusive. even in the amateurs he relied on being physical and offensive.

finally, zavek's corner had no idea how to deal with the damage to his face.
            i'm no cutman, and i'm not saying i could have done the better job, but the first step when you get a fighter whose face is covered in blood and messed up is to wipe him down with a towel and dry his face off

having all that blood and sweat on your face and around your eyes is disorienting.

a bit like opening your eyes when you're rinsing shampoo out of your hair

zaveks corner weren't even acting like they could handle the cuts and swelling (according the the top notch interpreter ^^ )

over all a solid fight
            berto should have a very enjoyable career.
            Last edited by New England; 09-04-2011, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• Berto looked dead average to me.

He will lose when he steps up in class, again.

Comment

• I'm downloading the fight, but Berto will would have to have done something real special to convince me that he's toughened up.

Comment

• Watching it now. Berto is fast and all but his speed is a little overstated. And he really nullifies it by telegraphing his punches so badly. Honestly, he just looks like a worse version of Jermain Taylor to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                    Watching it now. Berto is fast and all but his speed is a little overstated. And he really nullifies it by telegraphing his punches so badly. Honestly, he just looks like a worse version of Jermain Taylor to me.
                    Berto got hit way too much IMO. He's lucky he was not fighing an opponent with legitimate KO power. His offensive tools are there. But he looked far too easy to reach.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                      Berto got hit way too much IMO. He's lucky he was not fighing an opponent with legitimate KO power. His offensive tools are there. But he looked far too easy to reach.
                      Exactly. And those offensive tools are going to get him killed if he keeps squaring up and trading shots with telegraphed punches. He is GOING to get caught in exchanges like he did with Ortiz and it's only a matter of time. Knockout waiting to happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X