Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Talks about Hopkins back in 2002 before the Clinton Woods fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones Talks about Hopkins back in 2002 before the Clinton Woods fight...

Hopkins comments start at 3:50.
    Roy makes Hopkins look bad here...

Originally posted by Lead Cenobite View Post

Hopkins comments start at 3:50.
    Roy makes Hopkins look bad here...
    Honestly I'm a huge Hopkins fan, but if you really think about it, this 60-40 **** Hops pulled was pretty stupid.

Comment

Is that roger mayweather in the yellow shirt at 3:17?

Comment

Originally posted by liam_48@msn.com View Post
        Is that roger mayweather in the yellow shirt at 3:17?
        Yup.

But seriously, listen to Roy's logic. Bernard's argument seems ******ed.

Comment

Keep em coming I love old school Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            Keep em coming I love old school Roy.
            Such swagger. It's hilarious that everyone keeps saying Roy ducked anyone. Yeah, okay....sure whatever.

Comment

He's right, he had the win, the star power and #1 p4p status. Why the hell would he go 50/50 with Hopkins?

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
                He's right, he had the win, the star power and #1 p4p status. Why the hell would he go 50/50 with Hopkins?
                Exactly. Simple logic. I've always said that you have to pursue the bigger star and do everything you can to make the fight.

Comment

hopkins had no problem taking the short end with de la hoya did he?

Comment

In this case, Roy has a point. He should not have gone for 50/50 against Hopkins. They should have settled at 55/45.

That said, I don't know why Roy's fans think he should get a pass for not facing all the fighters he didn't face. Roy somehow didn't fight Benn, McClellan, Eubank, Jirov, Dariusz, and Collins. I'm not saying he ducked these guys, but I am saying that he shoud rightfully be penalized and criticized for not facing them when it mattered.

**** I even give him a pass for not fighting Liles because he'd have to have signed to Don King.

Comment

Working...
                    X