No announcement yet.

EXHIBITION BOXING MATCH: Andrei Arlovski vs. Fres Oquendo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXHIBITION BOXING MATCH: Andrei Arlovski vs. Fres Oquendo

Miami, FL February 9th, 2010 – Team Pit BULL, Team Oquendo and The Consequences Charity announce today that Top 10 ranked heavyweight boxer Fres Oquendo known as “Fast Fres” will take on UFC former UFC heavyweight champ and Top 10 ranked MMA legend Andrei ' The Pit BULL ' Arlovski in a four round boxing exhibition at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach, Hotel and Resort on Saturday, February 27th.

Once a year, Miami's finest philanthropists, business leaders and the community gather to help raise much needed funds for The Consequences Charity through an annual fund-raising gala known as “The Blacks Annual Gala” hosted by Roy and Lea Black. The charity is dedicated to reducing and preventing adolescent criminal behavior and supporting communities with proactive intervention programs with the purpose of directly impacting the lives of vulnerable youth and their families. Translation: Keep kids out of jail and educate them.

Both Oquendo and Arlovski are both known for their vicious striking ability and exciting fights. Both top ranked fighters have now decided to fight to help kids stay off the streets. 100% of all money raised from the sale of tickets and auction items goes directly to the charity - a 501(c)3 not-for-profit.

“I am honored to step into the ring with a great fighter like Fres Oquendo. This is going to be an exciting exhibition match but we already know the winner: the children we are helping” says Arlovski.

Oquendo says, “I have seen Arlovski in the ring and in the cage and I am excited to be able to showcase my skills against an MMA legend. Believe me, we are going to go at it for four rounds with the goal that every punch and every blow helps this cause. “

Lea Black, who is putting together her 5th annual event says, “The Gala is one of the top annual charity events on the South Florida social calendar and has drawn top entertainers such as: Alex Rodriguez, Lance Bass, Jencarlos Canela, Maria Conchita Alonso, Lucia Mendez, Dave Matthews, Hulk Hogan, Lennox Lewis, Mike Piazza, Tracy & Alonzo Mourning to name a few. We are very excited for this year’s main event Mr. Arlovski going against Mr. Oquendo.

http://www.arlovski.com/events/exhibition-boxing-match

"Pitbull" was a beast in Universal Soldier: Resurrection, but Van Damme kicked his ass.

Comment

Nice Exhibition Fight..

Comment

Arlovski holds more than John Ruiz.

Comment

bump......

Comment

2 rounds - 0 Fres UD......

Comment

Surprised that AA's chin didn't shatter in those two rounds.

Comment

Working...
              X