Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: I Really Believe Canelo Could Beat Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo sucks, flat footed, low endurance, uses weight advantage. Hasnt beaten anyone elite clearly or impressive. Fights midget Cotto and couldnt even KO him. Gets Schooled by Mayweather.I think Maidana, Cotto, De La Hoya, Pacman did better than he did vs Mayweather.True boxers are Lomachenko and Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      Fight and beat Eubanks first. If you beat Eubanks then nelo can fight ggg.
      Do you want Canelo to fight Eubanks and then Golovkin, or Golovkin to fight Eubanks and then Canelo?

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
        Exactly. Canelo's not afraid. Oscar is afraid of losing his inflow of cash. All business nothing more.
        As a fighter, Oscar took on the very best. He was not afraid to lose in the ring, but as you say, this is all about business. He is much more cautious now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
          People said the exact same thing about Floyd in regards to Manny.

Easy UD12
          don't compare floyd or manny to this scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
            ..and stamina. Canelo will be huffing and puffing from the constant pressure by mid rounds. Or not, what the fcuk do I know.. the JCC fight might tell us more about Canelo when he´s not drained.
            Canelo is short, Boxrec says 5'9", but he looks 5'6". What we're going to see is Laurel and Hardy. Butterball Canelo vs string bean Chavez.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
              I'm basing my opinion on the last fight I saw golovokin in, and brooks counters, and combination punching gave him trouble, and had him losing the fight until the stoppage, imo.

I think canelos combination punching punching, as well as his counters will do the same.

Golovokins boxing ability is overrated, hes flat-footed, and he relies on his power to eventually overwhelm opponents, and break them down...that's fine against the level of opposition he's faced in his career thus far, but canelo is younger, faster, and has a hell of a punch himself, and my opinion is that he outlands ggg more and more as the rounds go by, and that accumulation breaks golovkin down before golovkin breaks him down.
              I don't think the Brook fight is a good gauge to determine how he fares against Canelo. I see GGG being more measured, working behind a stiff jab, and utilizing his power when appropriate. IMO his skill set is above average but he hasn't been tested enough to display all of it (especially his defense). His footwork is economical. He's never on his toes but it usually puts him in position to get damaging leverage behind his punches. If anything, Canelo is the more flatfooted fighter; his movement is slower.
              Last edited by THC; 02-05-2017, 02:21 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                Canelo is short, Boxrec says 5'9", but he looks 5'6". What we're going to see is Laurel and Hardy. Butterball Canelo vs string bean Chavez.
                LOL he wishes he was 5'9". He's about 5' 7"ish just a tad under 5' 8".

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  If Canelo was 5'9 he'd be taller than Khan who is 5'8

Khan is clearly taller than Alvarez.

Comment

Exactly. If they thought he was a sure thing against GGG, they'd have fought him last year. Looks like they're trying to age GGG out another year or two and hope he slows down. I feel like he just gets better, though. Be a cool fight when it happens.
                    Originally posted by Verus View Post
                    As a fighter, Oscar took on the very best. He was not afraid to lose in the ring, but as you say, this is all about business. He is much more cautious now.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                      Canelo sucks, flat footed, low endurance, uses weight advantage. Hasnt beaten anyone elite clearly or impressive. Fights midget Cotto and couldnt even KO him. Gets Schooled by Mayweather.I think Maidana, Cotto, De La Hoya, Pacman did better than he did vs Mayweather.True boxers are Lomachenko and Crawford.
                      And yet almost ALL the experts who get PAID have him listed in the Top 10 P4P. The only ppl that KO's Cotto was a guy with LOADED gloves and another one who CW drained him. Cotto is going to be a FOR SURE HOFamer... I'm sure you think he suks as well.

Mayweather did school him but thats what you get when you go FULL Rtard and try to OUT box Floyd LMAO on that dumb @ss game plan.

Comment

Working...
                      X