Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Chavez Jr. - Golden Boy is Not Ruling Out The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
    easy to take tough fights when you have the scorecards already filled out and in your favor. examples being trout lara and cotto.
    Canelo beat Cotto and Trout fair and square, honestly I had him lossing against Lara by 2 points, but let's be serious Lara wasn't gonna beat a boxing star on Las Vegas who brings money to a lot of people just pot shotting with straight right hands and throwing less than 10 punches in some rounds, if you want to blame someone for Lara's loss, blame Lara for his PPV Las Vegas sour performance.

Even the best boxers have had cuestionable wins, Mayweather vs Castillo I, Ward vs Kovalev. Chavez vs Whitaker, DLH vs Sturm, Lara vs Williams, Pacquiao vs Bradley. my point is you can't beat them all in a flashy fashion.

There will be always one who will give you a night to remember, think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
      taking tough fights even with scorecards already filled is better than not taking tough fights at all...
      Amen.............this is what boxing should be about.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
        Would GGG-Eubank been a circus fight? You know, the one they had negotiations on and GGG signed to fight
        It doesn't change the fact that Golovkin could've said no, he had a reputation and taking those kinds of fights damage your reputation.

A lot more people are asking him to move up, not just fans, writters, but boxers and trainers, why do you think is that?

Because they've put their feet on their mouth numerous times.

"Anyone from 154 to 168"
        "Not a businessman"

Double standards at it's highest.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXING-SCRIBE View Post
          I would not mind seeinh this fight, however , as always, Nelo will not take and if he takes it at 164 it would prove that all of the so called "nelo haters" are right.he is a joke.
          Watch your words because Loeffer put a tweet saying GGG vs Chavez would be a big fight, and Sanchez just said it would be his dream fight.

Comment

I'd imagine this one is a non starter in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
              LOOOL at the people saying Chavez Jr vs Canelo sells more PPV than GGG vs Canelo. That forum is like a bubble, a small bubble of the degenerated dummygraphic. You guys keep creating your own reality and have fun being allied degenerates.
              You're too ignorant to realize the power of "Mexican money" in boxing. That's why GGG is learning Spanish for godsakes to appeal to them. He knows where the money lies. Why do they fight on Mexican holidays? Why do they have Mexican beer sponsors? Chavez Jr has a bigger fan base than GGG. Deal with it and I don't even like Chavez jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Chavez jr is not getting down to 164 and won't be able to honor the hydration limit. This is a waste of time. Even he gets down to 164 he'll be a zombie. If I wanted to see zombies fight I'd watch The Walking Dead. Just make the Saunders or Lemiuex fight. No more of these damn circus fights!!!!!!!!
                I agree 100% with the above statement. I'd rather see Canelo vs. Lemieux though for two simple reasons: 1) To see if Canelo really has a chin, specially at middleweight and 2) Because it would be the 1st time both GGG and Canelo would have fought a top contender in common. A lot of conclusions could be made and more accurate predictions about whether or not Canelo is really any opposition to GGG at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by sterilizer View Post
                  I agree 100% with the above statement. I'd rather see Canelo vs. Lemieux though for two simple reasons: 1) To see if Canelo really has a chin, specially at middleweight and 2) Because it would be the 1st time both GGG and Canelo would have fought a top contender in common. A lot of conclusions could be made and more accurate predictions about whether or not Canelo is really any opposition to GGG at 160.

not really arguing..... but Canelo/Lemieux will not lead to many "accurate predictions" regarding the outcome of Canelo/Golovkin imho..... it would likely fuel the "but, he knocked him out sooner" brigade, who have little idea about how styles mesh

you may get a better idea, but not sure if that would apply to everyone

Canelo/Lemieux would be a better fight because it is more relevant, and a good acclimation fight at 160 for Canelo..... Jnr needs to concentrate on achieving something at 168 and wait for Canelo to settle in at middleweight.... just my 2c

Comment

I don't think very highly of this fight.

Jnr is barely relevant, and Canelo has not had a tough fight since Cotto..... with 2 easy wins over Khan/Smith.

I didn't see Jnr's last win, would he even be competitive at 164?

In saying that, Golovkin would jump on Chavez if they had the chance, so it is hard to blame Canelo for doing the same thing..... and unlike Golovkin, Chavez/Canelo has been brewing for years.

Golovkin should fight Jacobs, and Canelo should fight Lemieux then Saunders..... Jnr should fight Groves and look to settle in at 168.

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
                      Canelo beat Cotto and Trout fair and square, honestly I had him lossing against Lara by 2 points, but let's be serious Lara wasn't gonna beat a boxing star on Las Vegas who brings money to a lot of people just pot shotting with straight right hands and throwing less than 10 punches in some rounds, if you want to blame someone for Lara's loss, blame Lara for his PPV Las Vegas sour performance.

Even the best boxers have had cuestionable wins, Mayweather vs Castillo I, Ward vs Kovalev. Chavez vs Whitaker, DLH vs Sturm, Lara vs Williams, Pacquiao vs Bradley. my point is you can't beat them all in a flashy fashion.

There will be always one who will give you a night to remember, think about it.
                      Garcia over Herrera...

Comment

Working...
                      X