Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ed Brown, 25, Passes Away Sunday Following Fatal Gunshot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=.:: JSFD26 ::.;17254656]Lmao you say it as he was just an innocent bystander or was shot for no reason.

Im sure he was involved in 4 incidents just by accident or pure coincidence... [/QUOTE

Go eff yourself.

Sure he was likely a criminal and had served time, but he's now dead. Did he deserve to be shot in the head in your mind?

I didn't talk of him as if he'd done no wrong, but I also don't have all the facts and neither do you.

At the end of the day, a young talent is dead due to Chicago street violence, which is quite the epidemic over recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyguns View Post
      A thorough read of the article would have let you know that one of the cited incidents was his mother being trampled to death during a nightclub shooting. But all in all, pretty ****ty judgement of a young man that just lost his life.
      "The tragic incident marked the third time in his young life that Brown had suffered gun shot wounds. He also lost his mother to violence, as she was trampled to death during a stampede at a Chicago nightclub in 2003"

You might want to "thoroughly" read articles yourself before you try stating facts buddy boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
        Go eff yourself.

Sure he was likely a criminal and had served time, but he's now dead. Did he deserve to be shot in the head in your mind?

I didn't talk of him as if he'd done no wrong, but I also don't have all the facts and neither do you.

At the end of the day, a young talent is dead due to Chicago street violence, which is quite the epidemic over recent years.
        Go eff myself? Not sure what's up with the attempt at insulting me as if I said anything derogatory to you.

But you said it should be on the news, why? Cause an up-to-no-good 'talent' was shot? The news reports things that aren't normal. People involved in **** like he was and being shot is normal ****. It happens daily. So, should the news be filled with stuff like this?

What facts do you need? The very same incident happened 3 other times before and he even did time. Do you really think he was just an innocent bystander in a car?

I'm not saying he deserved to die cause nobody does. But stop acting as if he was the victim or this needs to be news headline for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Go eff myself? Not sure what's up with the attempt at insulting me as if I said anything derogatory to you.

But you said it should be on the news, why? Cause an up-to-no-good 'talent' was shot? The news reports things that aren't normal. People involved in **** like he was and being shot is normal ****. It happens daily. So, should the news be filled with stuff like this?

What facts do you need? The very same incident happened 3 other times before and he even did time. Do you really think he was just an innocent bystander in a car?

I'm not saying he deserved to die cause nobody does. But stop acting as if he was the victim or this needs to be news headline for some reason.
          Allow me to apologize.

I hope you chalk it down as a misunderstanding.

Someone earlier in the thread said that it should be in the news, but this is the most coverage it is going to get.

I was basically responding to that post when I mentioned news.

I can see how my post was unclear that way.

Comment

Damn this is truly sad and needs to stop.

Comment

Sad. He should have relocated to another gym if it was really that hood. Then again, he might not have had the funds to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                You make no sense. But than you think the music all these kids are listening to is somehow affecting the kids in the war zone but not the suburban kids.
                I don't think, I know.. Let's check this article for starters and if you need peer reviewed documented studies, for further proof, I can provide that as well

http://penfieldbuildingblocks.org/20...d-development/

Since nearly the beginning of human history, music has been used as a force for healing. Aristotle taught that “When we hear (music and poetry) our very soul is altered.” From Hippocrates to Native American medicine men, people have long used singing and playing instruments to cure.

In modern times, scholars and doctors have researched the mysterious power of music. Some of this research has yielded truly incredible insights. Doctors have found that babies express preference for the same kind of music they heard while in the womb. Many studies have shown that exposing infants and babies in the womb to music helps build neural bridges used to process thought and information. Music can stimulate the brain’s alpha waves, which creates a sense of calmness in the listener. Other studies indicate that early music exposure and instruction have benefits on the development of perceptual skills, which affects language and literary abilities; spatial reasoning, which is related to skills used to do math; and fine motor coordination.

Unlike language, music activates every subsystem of the brain, including the structures involved in motivation and emotion. This makes it especially effective in creating bonds between individuals and in a group and can contribute to well-being throughout one’s lifespan.

“Making music with others gives children a wonderful feeling of belonging to the group. Children who might have difficulty joining activities with others because they are shy, have limited English ability or special needs, can freely participate when it comes to music activity,” writes Dr. Patricia Vardin, chair of the Early Childhood Education Department at Manhattanville College.

Modern music therapy developed in the aftermath of World Wars I and II, with musicians traveling to hospitals to play music for soldiers suffering from emotional and physical trauma. Today, it involves the clinical use of music interventions such as singing, playing, listening, and moving to music to address individual areas of need. It has been proven beneficial in areas of child development; mood disorders; stroke recovery; heart disease; and treatment of neurological disorders such as schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, amnesia and depression.

While clinical treatment is not necessary for every child, parents can use techniques of music therapy to enhance their child’s development of cognitive, emotional, and physical abilities at any age. Here are some ways you can incorporate music and rhythm into your child’s life:

Provide instruments such as egg shakers, maracas, and bells.
                Help young children move their bodies when listening to music.
                Make associations between songs and activities, such as “Clean Up.”
                Use well-known songs to work on vocabulary and memory by singing, for example, “Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes,” and “Row, Row, Row Your Boat.”
                Use songs and sing-song voices to tell stories and to ease transitions into new activities, such as nap-time and snack-time.
                Here are a few simple activities outlined in an article by Merry Gordon that use music to improve children’s social skills:

Have your child take turns with a partner playing and imitating patterns on an instrument.
                Have two children ask each other questions, using instruments to respond either “yes” or “no.”
                Have a small group of children sit in a circle and assign each one an instrument or a sound. Each child gets a turn being the leader and leads the rest of the group in playing together with a certain speed, volume, or rhythm.
                Perhaps the most important aspect of using music to enhance development is that it provides children with sustained, focused attention from adults. Parents should not leave their child playing alone with music in the background and assume that this will automatically stimulate development. Interaction is crucial. Engagement with music can better a child’s self-perception only if it provides a positive, rewarding learning experience. Research has shown that the effects of these experiences can last a lifetime. It’s worth the investment.

Maybe....wait for it...the war zone is the problem not music. Nobody wants to talk about it, but there are people of all races killing each other in the war zones in the US & there are people of all races chilling the f#ck out in the suburbs
                I guess you don't understand the difference between the suburbs and the poverty stricken war zones.

If you're raised in the suburbs, chances are you're raised by two parents who do very well for themselves and most likely have careers. If Johnny is raised by parents in the suburbs, most likely Johnny has access to the fundamental needs children his age should have access too (i.e. nutritional food, shelter, parenting environment, etc). Johnny most likely watches tv supervised and listens to music supervised. For movies that have parental discretion, he most likely has parents to correct right from wrong. Being that johnny's parents are in the suburbs, most likely they have careers and are able to be role models so young johnny doesn't think that what 50 Cent is saying has to be the gospel in order to make it in life.

If Jake is growing up in the projects located in the inner city, do I really need to break it down for you how Jake's life is different from Johnny's above and why music would have much more of an effect over Jake than Johnny? Do I really need to explain how when you literally have kids in the projects raising other kids and how music would have much more of an effect over a kid that's being raised in the projects as oppose to a kid in the suburbs that most likely is in a two parent home with parents that have career jobs? Do I really need to breakdown the obvious?

F#ck man it'd be great if the problem was just the music. This problem is way more complicated than that doe
                Who said this was the only problem? Is it one of the problem's and a pretty big problem? Absolutely
                Last edited by Chollo Vista; 12-05-2016, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                  I don't think, I know.
                  Yeah, I don't think you know, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                    Yeah, I don't think you know, either.
                    So despite the proven scientific peer reviews, you also don't think music has a significant affect on children?

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                      So despite the proven scientific peer reviews, you also don't think music has a significant affect on children?
                      No, I was saying I don't think the guy knows what he's talking about.

Comment

Working...
                      X