Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: Money Issues Remain, Not Sure Jacobs is Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    I don't quite get it. You mean you reckon Jacobs total $ figure might be higher if it goes to purse? Almost certainly his split will be lower but a high bid by Haymon could leave him better off I guess. Think it's unlikely though, it just ain't that big a fight that I see Al bidding that high, though I suppose he could try to bluff HBO up, that'd be a win / win for him. A lot hinges on how deep Haymons pockets at the moment and on whether GGG can fight on SHO, neither of which are clear right now.
    Golovkin-Jacobs is the biggest fight that Haymon could've ever secured for Daniel Jacobs if we're honest about it; whether the fight ends up on HBO or Showtime, Daniel Jacobs isn't backing out, for the simple fact that there's nowhere else for him to back out to.

DiBella/Haymon, I'd imagine, should have a pretty good grasp for how big the fight could be on their end (Showtime seems to have massive interest in the matchup, Jacobs and Golovkin both have profiles in NYC, Barclays Center is interested enough in Daniel Jacobs that he's the lead face for their boxing merch brand, Kellerman is in at ESPN and is a Golovkin fan, Daniel Jacobs can do all of New York radio to promote, etc) and should bid accordingly.

If K2 thinks the matchup is bigger than they see it, Jacobs still makes a good payday, gets the fight he needs, and it's someone elses money at risk.

Comment

• Gennady Golovkin is finally going to get screwed because boxing will no longer tolerate Golovkin turning down fights. He's turned down a number of good and risky fights that Golovkin said he fights to give people drama. Golovkin will learn a lesson in boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
        He has more time than GGG.

What if Golovkin loses?????

He's not indestructible.....far from it.
        GGG is a bigger name and people will still follow him if he loses. People will still follow and be interested in a GGG fight because of his style. They know he is going to come forward and be aggressive in his fights. If GGG loses to Canelo, it doesn't mean people don't want to see him against someone like Ward.

What big fights is Jacobs going to get if he loses to GGG? What fights would you pay to see him in?

Comment

• Originally posted by War Dinamita View Post
          GGG is a bigger name and people will still follow him if he loses. People will still follow and be interested in a GGG fight because of his style. They know he is going to come forward and be aggressive in his fights. If GGG loses to Canelo, it doesn't mean people don't want to see him against someone like Ward.

What big fights is Jacobs going to get if he loses to GGG? What fights would you pay to see him in?

I don't think they would.

I think they would drop him just like they dropped Pacquiao.

his career is literally built on hype, once that disappears, so will the fans

Comment

• I think Jacobs could argue to get another extra 5% but he is being a bit greedy considering he holds the fake version of that WBA belt and GGG holds the one that Jacobs should want that and many other titles that Jacobs should want.
            Drop the demands a bit an try to bargain for 30% If held the WBO belt then 60-40 or 50-50 would have been likely but in this case its just a bit damn obvious not GGG fault that Jacobs didn't get to fight for that WBO belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by War Dinamita View Post

Of course GGG will still maintain his fanbase you see the difference between the fanbase that follows GGG and the fanbase that follows Ward is that Golovkin fans want him to get hard fights and put on a show we don't mind If he loses because he is doing what other boring fighters aren't capable of doing by giving a show whilst fighting top level opponents an 0 means nothing to us we're not casual fans who rate someone for that.

Now for the Ward fans the same guys who jumped on the Broner bandwagon where did they all go again?
              The Ward fanbase are among the most insecure racially motivated fans of our sport just notice their selection in among it some of these people do root for good fighters that are entertaining i.e. Wilder or Spence but god forbid if they lose they will hop right off that train just like they'd have done with Floyd, un-loyal plastic fans that's all I gotta say.

Comment

• Yet another excuse as to why GGG can't take a fight. GGG requires X amount of money to fight Alvarez, but his opponents don't deserve (and won't get) **** versus him.

How any of you support this is crazy beyond me

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                  I think Jacobs could argue to get another extra 5% but he is being a bit greedy considering he holds the fake version of that WBA belt and GGG holds the one that Jacobs should want that and many other titles that Jacobs should want.
                  Drop the demands a bit an try to bargain for 30% If held the WBO belt then 60-40 or 50-50 would have been likely but in this case its just a bit damn obvious not GGG fault that Jacobs didn't get to fight for that WBO belt.

" the fake version of that WBA belt " is the version that Golovkin has defended since the Nunez fight back in 2010

would you like a do-over with that post ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                    Of course GGG will still maintain his fanbase you see the difference between the fanbase that follows GGG and the fanbase that follows Ward is that Golovkin fans want him to get hard fights and put on a show we don't mind If he loses because he is doing what other boring fighters aren't capable of doing by giving a show whilst fighting top level opponents an 0 means nothing to us we're not casual fans who rate someone for that.

Now for the Ward fans the same guys who jumped on the Broner bandwagon where did they all go again?
                    The Ward fanbase are among the most insecure racially motivated fans of our sport just notice their selection in among it some of these people do root for good fighters that are entertaining i.e. Wilder or Spence but god forbid if they lose they will hop right off that train just like they'd have done with Floyd, un-loyal plastic fans that's all I gotta say.

" the difference between the fanbase that follows GGG and the fanbase that follows Ward "..... is that we would not give Ward credit for defending the WBA interim title, but then label that title as "fake" as soon as somebody else wandered along and picked it up

would you like a do-over with that post as well ?

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      " the fake version of that WBA belt " is the version that Golovkin has defended since the Nunez fight back in 2010

would you like a do-over with that post ?

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      " the difference between the fanbase that follows GGG and the fanbase that follows Ward "..... is that we would not give Ward credit for defending the WBA interim title, but then label that title as "fake" as soon as somebody else wandered along and picked it up

would you like a do-over with that post as well ?

we all have a post-count, but Red Cyclone has a dribble-count LMAO

Comment

Working...
                      X