No announcement yet.

Boxing & Strength & Conditioning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing & Strength & Conditioning

Just curious, how much time do you guys spend actually working on your boxing skills compared to working on strength and conditioning?

Well what exactly constitutes as "boxing"; bags, sparring, double end, speedbag, ect.? What about work outs that are typically associated with boxing training like jogging, sit-ups, and jump roping?

I guess to vaguely answer your question, and lumping roadwork in with boxing training, I'd say it's a 4:1 ratio.

Comment

Boxing - heavy bags, sparring, pad work etc.

S&C - Running, weights (if you do them), plyometrics, resistance training etc.

I'm generalizing but I tend to think that most people focus on 70% boxing and 30% s&c, especially when they're still relatively new to the game.

Comment

during my first 8 years where i was competing and training 365, it was like 75-25 skill to s/c....now i'd say its more like 70-30 s/c to skills.

Comment

Well!!Boxing is the best for strength.Fitness is attractive crucial for everyone to lead a long, hale and healthy life irrespective of whether you are a professional athlete or not. It is a must if in case you are an athlete. This strength and conditioning boxing equipment have also been accepted in gyms for common fitness purposes as well.

Comment

Working...
          X