Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you knock Floyd for taking a tuneup fight after getting out of jail?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
    Isn't he supposed to be fighting the winner of aydin/Guerrero? I thought Schaefer confirmed it already
    Did you just make this up?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      Where did you hear this from? I think it's strange that Richard has already confirmed. No one knows who neither of those guys are.
      I'm trying to find the thread where someone posted a quote from a Schaefer interview where he said that.

Edit: it was Eric Gomez. He said at a guerrero aydin press conference that the winner will be who they try and match Floyd with first. Nothing confirmed though as I had previously thought.
      Last edited by RlCKY; 07-07-2012, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Man, I'd give The Ghost a good chance. I'd definitely put some money on him.

But back on topic, no I wouldn't knock on him for a tune up as long as it's not PPV. But knowing Floyd's greedy ass he would try to make it a PPV.

Comment

No. The winner of Guerrero/Aydin becomes Floyd's mandatory but it's highly unlikely that he will fight either.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
            No. As long as it's not no Robert the Ghost or Devon Alexander
            It will be Khan

thats an easy tune up that would sell

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
              Isn't he supposed to be fighting the winner of aydin/Guerrero? I thought Schaefer confirmed it already
              I think he will fight Khan if he defeats Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                No. The winner of Guerrero/Aydin becomes Floyd's mandatory but it's highly unlikely that he will fight either.
                they call him the Ghost because only ghost go to see him fight....

Comment

Let's be honest, aren't all fights basically a tuneup for someone with skills like Floyd. But seriously I wouldn't knock him, but I don't see how anyone could justify paying 65$ for a tune up.

It's too bad it's not 2011 because the ultimate thing to do for this situation would be for Floyd to fight on network tv against Randall Bailey in honor of the 35th anniversary of Rocky in December. Now it'd be 36th so it doesn't sound as good but you have to imagine some publicity stunt like that would sure get people talking.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                    I think he will fight Khan if he defeats Garcia
                    I think you'll see Khan vs. Guerrero in December and the winner fights Floyd in May.

Comment

Of course not. That's 3 months of not eating/exercising the way you've been doing it for years. He'd have to fight an "easy" fight when he comes out, and slowly get back in perfect Floyd shape. But we all know Floyd has really high standards for tune ups. Marquez, Ortiz, to name some. A Floyd tune up is a tough fight for any other fighter. Let's say he fights Guerrero coming off a strong performance against Aydin, that's considered a tune up or soft fight for Floyd but the truth is Guerrero would be seen a s a tough fighter for any other top WW.

Tune ups for a normal fighter, are fighters outside of the top 10, who are sure wins. Floyd's tune ups are anything from top 5 P4P, top 3 in their division, champion in their division, top 10.

Comment

Working...
                      X