No announcement yet.

Right turn on red?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
    what is your take on a right turn while the light is red? in california, if you're waiting to make a right turn, you dont need to wait for the light to turn green, as long as there is no sign that says "no turn on red" and there is no traffic, then you're good to go.

does this rule apply where you guys are at? i hate having to wait behind a car that wont turn and is waiting until the light turn green.
    It's annoying but I hate to honk at anyone.

Comment

I actually doubt that freedom will last much longer. The state needs more money from taxpaying citizens to fund all the social crap they "provide". Also, I haven't seen turning on red allowed anywhere in Europe. Differently, I think it was either Florida or Michigan where you can pop a u-turn on red.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Ah, didn't know that living on Long Island, weird. I don't usually try to turn on red but if you don't people honk at you out here like crazy.
        Long Island is nice but driving there is a pain in the arse.

Comment

We used to call it when a car doesn't stop at red before making a right turn a "California stop". Here you can turn right on red but you are supposed to stop first.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            I went from the city before to the Hamptons and it seemed fine during the day but man at night, it did suck very much.

The train out to my friends house in the middle of LI wasn't half bad at all. Way better and more spacious than our sorry ass Chicago trains.

Comment

In Texas you can make a right on red, and you can make a left on red, if you are on a one-way street turning left onto another one-way street.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingraya View Post
                It's annoying but I hate to honk at anyone.
                i used to have that same mindset when i was younger and just started to learn how to drive... nowadays being in my late 30s, i have no patient for any of that. if you aint turning when you suppose too, im honking the shiiet out of my horn at you.

and most of the time, mofos would get mad, but they get put right back in their place.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  Funny, I think the same thing about the city. On the highways here though yes, especially the Southern State. Always leave yourself an extra 20 minutes at least if you need to be on it for any appointment. Parking sucks in NYC too.

Comment

I just treat it like a stop sign. I've seen peoplle not give af and just make a sharp turn without even stopping

Comment

Of course 30% of members here don't drive and 20% drive on the left side. Just thought I'd
                      mention it.

Comment

Working...
                      X