Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis Admits He Almost Slapped Riddick Bowe Last Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
    H is selling T-shirt’s not due to one fight or tossing the belt because by that time he’d made more money than anyone with a sense of financial responsibility could live on 10 lifetimes over. His personal financial decisions has led to that.

Am sure the 3-5m dollars he would have earned would have come in quite nice for him at the time and now. But it is what it is. Am not fine with boxers ducking a fight for a big payday, you are ok with it, I can agree to disagree.

If terms of padding their records with dishwashers comments, you claimed you don’t care about that, sorry to bust that bubble but a lot of more people do. It seems every time some point that out about Wilder, some people cannot handle that, the reality is people would talk about it whether you like it or not. This is the Internet age, not when Bowe was 32-0.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
      Its actually Bowe that needs to let it go. Every time someone sticks a mic in his fan and LL is brought up, Bowe goes in with his incoherent babbling. Accusing LL of being ****sexual and only god knows what else. Like I said, you can’t understand but about every ten words that comes outta his mouth.
      Then that’s messed up, if terms of “Lewis” letting go it’s to do with the “He can’t stand next to me” thing.

Comment

Any all time PFP list in existence today places SRR at the top. He lost 19 fights.
        Mentioning SRR really does emphasise just how much boxing has changed. At his peak he was fighting 20 times in a year - no 4 months promotion time required etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Then that’s messed up, if terms of “Lewis” letting go it’s to do with the “He can’t stand next to me” thing.
          This was at the event LL is talking about in this article.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n-RO0RqkzKI

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
            This was at the event LL is talking about in this article.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n-RO0RqkzKI
            Then you are absolutely right, Lewis had every right not to want him standing next to him, you cannot be going around saying that, when it was you that drop your belt in the bin not wanting to fight him.

Comment

I think it’s exactly the opposite lesson. Bowe didn’t fight for a world title until his 32nd fight against Holyfield which ended in a decision. During that time prior to his fighting Holyfield he racked up KOs left and right against the who is who of boxing. Not once was he ever accused of “dodging” opponents, “padding his record”, fighting “tomato cans”, etc. nor should he have been. He built that record and resume and when he felt it ready to fight for the title he did so in his own time. As such he was “patient”

I liked that he tossed the belt. He told the sanctioning body to stuff it with their trinket and the money he’d waste paying them just so he can hold the belt and that he’d fight who he chooses in his own time. I wish more boxers would do this and just let the ring results speak for themselves. Bowe certainly did.
              He ducked his ass Lewis stopped him in the olympics and prior to dumping the belt Lewis had just finished off Razor Rudduck brutally in two rounds.Just like the agreement Bowe had to not fight Tyson because they both came from the same neighborhood but did not know each other .So basically he was champ and excluded himself from fighting the two biggest names in his division.

Comment

I think it’s exactly the opposite lesson. Bowe didn’t fight for a world title until his 32nd fight against Holyfield which ended in a decision. During that time prior to his fighting Holyfield he racked up KOs left and right against the who is who of boxing. Not once was he ever accused of “dodging” opponents, “padding his record”, fighting “tomato cans”, etc. nor should he have been. He built that record and resume and when he felt it ready to fight for the title he did so in his own time. As such he was “patient”

I liked that he tossed the belt. He told the sanctioning body to stuff it with their trinket and the money he’d waste paying them just so he can hold the belt and that he’d fight who he chooses in his own time. I wish more boxers would do this and just let the ring results speak for themselves. Bowe certainly did.
                Who’s who of boxing are you fuc&ing kidding me Thomas was in the midst of losing 4out of 5 fights when bowe fought him .Tony Tubgut and Burt Cooper??????

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Am sure the 3-5m dollars he would have earned would have come in quite nice for him at the time and now. But it is what it is. Am not fine with boxers ducking a fight for a big payday, you are ok with it, I can agree to disagree.

If terms of padding their records with dishwashers comments, you claimed you don’t care about that, sorry to bust that bubble but a lot of more people do. It seems every time some point that out about Wilder, some people cannot handle that, the reality is people would talk about it whether you like it or not. This is the Internet age, not when Bowe was 32-0.
                  I hat does any of this have to do with wilder

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    I hat does any of this have to do with wilder
                    He is a current champion who like Bowe padded his record fighting dishwashers.

Comment

You should had taken the L bowe like a man. Even though i thought you had the tools to win.

It made him look like a coward.

Comment

Working...
                      X