Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the bigger upset Ali vs Foreman or Foreman vs Moorer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the bigger upset Ali vs Foreman or Foreman vs Moorer?

What do you guys think?
    Ali vs Foreman
    40.00%
    Foreman vs Moorer
    60.00%

definitely ali-foreman, moorer never faced an opponent who was even close to frasier

Comment

This one is close. I picked Moorer-Foreman based on the vibe I felt before both fights, but I wouldn't argue with either choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        This one is close. I picked Moorer-Foreman based on the vibe I felt before both fights, but I wouldn't argue with either choice.
        Scott, who did you pick when Ali fought Foreman and what were your thoughts going in?

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          Scott, who did you pick when Ali fought Foreman and what were your thoughts going in?

Oh I picked Foreman for sure. Everyone did. I learned a lot from that fight. I'm sure others did too.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            I agree, this is a really close call. Foreman looked indestructible before Ali fought him. Who really thought a 45 year old Foreman would KO Moorer? These are a couple of the greatest upsets in heavyweight history along with Douglas over Tyson.

Comment

Being the fan of big punchers I am, I probably would've picked Foreman over Ali too. Did you guys all think Moorer would win over Foreman? I did, but was rooting for George.

Only upset I ever got right was Holyfield over Tyson in the first fight, but even then I wasn't expecting a stoppage, but a fairly close decision.

Comment

The winners of both fights excel when their opponents stand in front of them. And both loosers did just that! Foremans win over Moorer wasn't a shock because of Georges power and Moorer never showed a great deal of intelligence in his bouts! Ali was Ali...........he found a way to over come!!
                Ray.

Comment

Foreman vs Moorer was a much bigger upset.

Comment

On paper, the bigger upset would be the underdog that overcame the greater odds to win. In reality, the bigger upset was Foreman over Moorer by virtue of the former's age at the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X