Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN: Terence Crawford 2017 Fighter of the Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

must be some serious american bias on espn. beating diaz and indongo makes you fighter of the year? Can you name me one guy them two have beaten between them who was any good? I dont want to hear about 'unification fight' i just want one name that them two muppets have beaten between them. Unifying all the belts in a crap division doesnt mean anything, danny garcia could have done it if he hung around.
    Last edited by Prince Madison; 12-26-2017, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

I have said some bad things about ESPN, but these guys have started to see the light ; Deontay 'Bronze-Bomber' Wilder is now in their P4P and the U.S.A wins fighter of the year -- what a great way to start off the new year. No doubt T-Raw is going to be a top candidate for this award and many other in 2018.
      If anything that weakens the case - not to hate on Wilder but who has he faced? GGG has fought cans but he fought the best cans available and remained on top of his division.

ESPN just likes to keep their audience happy - though fighter of the year was a toss-up between Crawford and Rungvisai imo.

Comment

Joke. It was clearly Lomachenko. American bias still strong.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          must be some serious american bias on espn. beating diaz and indongo makes you fighter of the year? Can you name me one guy them two have beaten between them who was any good? I dont want to hear about 'unification fight' i just want one name that them two muppets have beaten between them. Unifying all the belts in a crap division doesnt mean anything, danny garcia could have done it if he hung around.
          Unifying all the belts ALWAYS means something, even in a crap division.

Comment

Hopefully this might encourage other titlists to unify all the titles.

Comment

Crawford won because he became an undisputed champion. Had that not been the case, there are plenty of other fighters out there more deserving.

There is merit to saying Rungvisai deserved the win, though.

Comment

I understand why, and I won't say they're wrong, even though my choice was different. As Snipe said, it was the accomplishment of becoming undisputed, and against a guy who himself was on a great streak.

Comment

ESPN fighter P4P#1 and now ESPN fighter FOTY.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                    Joke. It was clearly Lomachenko. American bias still strong.
                    Even Lomachenko and Lomachenkos team thinkgs Crawford is p4p number 1. Besides..Americans don't cut for black fighters like that...history has shown that white americans will root for a european no matter where he is from. Just look at Jack Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
                      Unifying all the belts ALWAYS means something, even in a crap division.
                      Yep.

Especially since it happens so rarely.

Comment

Working...
                      X