• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    Actually some ratings have diabetic at 6.0

You're diabetic, player.

My fat ass is 5.9 I'm pre.
    Oh stop it you instigator! Yeah and anything above 120 is high blood pressure! and next year it will be 110!

I looooooooong for the days when adults would be about 60ish, go to the kitchen with a cigarette, and drop dead of a heart attack, or stroke...dead dead dead. If you had good genes you made it longer... They would find you in the corner... Not on the toilet, not with the secretary on top of you. Not 3 years later because you were antisocial...

If you have perfect blood sugar and perfect blood pressure you will get dementia at the same age others drop dead, and you can watch as you lose your marbles and your kids clean your diaper telling you, "its ok Dad we can remember when you were not a drooling idiot!" And they are lying! because they cannot remember when you were not a drooling idiot!

The high blood pressure and sugar, along with perhaps taking up smoking as a habit, at 60 will guarantee a nice easy passage, and spare you the indignation of having to lose all dignity and maybe even make it to 100!

Comment

Wait so if you get to 6.5 you got diabetes, but what if you drop it to 5.8 after that. Are you back to being pre-diabetic after being diabetic??? Or once it goes past 6.5 does it not go back down for some reason?

Is that all diabetes is is popping a 6.5 on this test?

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Oh stop it you instigator! Yeah and anything above 120 is high blood pressure! and next year it will be 110!

I looooooooong for the days when adults would be about 60ish, go to the kitchen with a cigarette, and drop dead of a heart attack, or stroke...dead dead dead. If you had good genes you made it longer... They would find you in the corner... Not on the toilet, not with the secretary on top of you. Not 3 years later because you were antisocial...

If you have perfect blood sugar and perfect blood pressure you will get dementia at the same age others drop dead, and you can watch as you lose your marbles and your kids clean your diaper telling you, "its ok Dad we can remember when you were not a drooling idiot!" And they are lying! because they cannot remember when you were not a drooling idiot!

The high blood pressure and sugar, along with perhaps taking up smoking as a habit, at 60 will guarantee a nice easy passage, and spare you the indignation of having to lose all dignity and maybe even make it to 100!
        Lmfao.

There is something to be said for just fooking riding it til the wheels fall off & dying after a fair days work vs living for years in your Darth Vader suit that's breathing for you, pumping your heart & making sure your kidneys don't blow out as your son whips your only capable of diarrhea ass for the next 20yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
          I saw if you eat avocado, garlic, kiwi, lemon, eggs, even popcorn helps!
          Beets? I'd guess beets would be good for you too. Broccoli too I bet.

I've been fooking with sea moss mixed with some other stuff lately too. That's some Dr Sebi sh^t. Tastes like p#ssy gone rotten by itself, so ideally you wanna take it in pill form or mix it with a smoothie or yogurt or something, but supposed to be a Superfood. Still new to it so not sure how much it helps anything yet doe, but I've heard good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Lmfao.

There is something to be said for just fooking riding it til the wheels fall off & dying after a fair days work vs living for years in your Darth Vader suit that's breathing for you, pumping your heart & making sure your kidneys don't blow out as your son whips your only capable of diarrhea ass for the next 20yrs.
            lol. All these measures are an agreed upon consensus by the medical community. basically some people have higher blood sugar than others...Is it worth tinkering with? I actually think that metaformin is a great drug so maybe so... But its also important to remember that doctors love the prospect of giving you a drug that brings down your blood pressure to the "new" levels that the medical community decides upon. These doctors do not think about the side effect of these medicines. They do not consider: "If Joe goes through life with a pressure of 150/90 is it worth it to bring it down to 120/70 if the drugs we give him turn him into a non productive, unhappy individual?

This is the same medical community that is beholden to the pharm industry and used to tell pregnant women in the 50's to relax and have a smoke before bed to take the edge off.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              lol. All these measures are an agreed upon consensus by the medical community. basically some people have higher blood sugar than others...Is it worth tinkering with? I actually think that metaformin is a great drug so maybe so... But its also important to remember that doctors love the prospect of giving you a drug that brings down your blood pressure to the "new" levels that the medical community decides upon. These doctors do not think about the side effect of these medicines. They do not consider: "If Joe goes through life with a pressure of 150/90 is it worth it to bring it down to 120/70 if the drugs we give him turn him into a non productive, unhappy individual?

This is the same medical community that is beholden to the pharm industry and used to tell pregnant women in the 50's to relax and have a smoke before bed to take the edge off.
              I honestly don't know how ppl take all these drugs as is. The ads almost give me anxiety ffs. All the side effects they mention as some lady runs through a field is nuts to me. Sometimes the side effects are worse than what you are taking the pill for. Was randomly watching TV last night & something for diabetes had the side effect of a neck growth or some such craziness + an increased risk for cancer. Fook that bs. How bout mfers quit eating 7 candy bars a day & eat their veggies.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                WTF? So I just got the results of my blood tests and I'm pre-diabetic!!!???

I thought you had to be a fatty to be pre-diabetic. I've been slacking on my work outs and cardio for sure but never knew I'd be PD!

I guess the Hemoglobin A1C was 6.1 for me.

5.7 to 6.4 is Prediabetes

over 6.4 is Diabetes!

WTF???

So doctors saying I gotta lose weight, each more plant based meals, more fish.

Anybody else in a similar boat? Or any tips? Suggestions?

I saw if you eat avocado, garlic, kiwi, lemon, eggs, even popcorn helps!
                Diabetes is caused from eating to much meat especially sandwich type meats.

Comment

Sorry to hear that man. Luckily, those genes skipped me but I know a bit about it having had family members with it and having worked as a dietary manager in a hospital.
                  Exercise helps a lot but you really HAVE TO get your diet in check. Even if you don't cook for yourself, understanding what goes in your food and how it's made helps tremendously. That knowledge gives you a lot more control and will lead you to making better dietary decisions.

Definitely don't wait as it doesn't get easier. Best of luck and I hope you stay free of the diabetes.

Also, watch out about the drugs. The meds that my grandfather took for his diabetes gave him high blood pressure, which is what ended up killing him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                    Alcohol. Downsize your intake and your numbers will change for the better.
                    Ahhh.

Crap. I'm ****ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      Sorry to hear that man. Luckily, those genes skipped me but I know a bit about it having had family members with it and having worked as a dietary manager in a hospital.
                      Exercise helps a lot but you really HAVE TO get your diet in check. Even if you don't cook for yourself, understanding what goes in your food and how it's made helps tremendously. That knowledge gives you a lot more control and will lead you to making better dietary decisions.

Definitely don't wait as it doesn't get easier. Best of luck and I hope you stay free of the diabetes.

Also, watch out about the drugs. The meds that my grandfather took for his diabetes gave him high blood pressure, which is what ended up killing him.
                      ^^^This. Most people have no idea how to eat properly. So much of what goes wrong is a direct result of what you ARE and what you ARE NOT putting into your body. People need to take the time to learn about nutrition... to learn ALL YOU CAN about it if you want to avoid health problems. When you are young you are very resilient but after 40 you begin to pay for all your mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                      X