No announcement yet.

WTF Im pre-diabetic any of you are too?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Sorry to hear that man. Luckily, those genes skipped me but I know a bit about it having had family members with it and having worked as a dietary manager in a hospital.
    Exercise helps a lot but you really HAVE TO get your diet in check. Even if you don't cook for yourself, understanding what goes in your food and how it's made helps tremendously. That knowledge gives you a lot more control and will lead you to making better dietary decisions.

Definitely don't wait as it doesn't get easier. Best of luck and I hope you stay free of the diabetes.

Also, watch out about the drugs. The meds that my grandfather took for his diabetes gave him high blood pressure, which is what ended up killing him.
    Green K FAM!

Yeah both my work outs and diets been F'd for the past few years my jobs got me living in and out of hotels eating hotel junk food and bar food for like 6 months straight.

This year will be the first year I won't have to travel as much because we were supposed to go to the Tokyo Olympics but with the CV drama god knows if that shats even still on or not?

Whats funny is Im usually most healthiest from January to like March as I try to quit drinking all together for as long as I can and I hit the gym every day. Then around March on they start sending me out to all the business trips again and things get mad unhealthy from that point on.

But yeah I've been telling my lady to cook more fish, salad, veggies now at the crib and we've been eating less and lot more healthier.

But on the genes my grandma had diabetes I heard it skips a generation? So me and my siblings are all at high risk.

I'm glad you healthy tho bro!

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      ^^^This. Most people have no idea how to eat properly. So much of what goes wrong is a direct result of what you ARE and what you ARE NOT putting into your body. People need to take the time to learn about nutrition... to learn ALL YOU CAN about it if you want to avoid health problems. When you are young you are very resilient but after 40 you begin to pay for all your mistakes.
      Yeah bro I heard lot of people tell me after 40 is a mofo! Not looking forward to that lol.

I seen guys fit as can be looking like prime Tyson Beckford and once they turn 40 they look like Rerun from Whats Happening and I'm like WTF happened to you?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
        WTF? So I just got the results of my blood tests and I'm pre-diabetic!!!???

I thought you had to be a fatty to be pre-diabetic. I've been slacking on my work outs and cardio for sure but never knew I'd be PD!

I guess the Hemoglobin A1C was 6.1 for me.

5.7 to 6.4 is Prediabetes

over 6.4 is Diabetes!

WTF???

So doctors saying I gotta lose weight, each more plant based meals, more fish.

Anybody else in a similar boat? Or any tips? Suggestions?

I saw if you eat avocado, garlic, kiwi, lemon, eggs, even popcorn helps!
        You fasted before the test right?

Comment

You fasted before the test right?
          Yeah like after 10PM didn't eat anything.

The damn ghetto lab took forever I wasn't done till like 1:30PM so I didnt eat anything until like 2:00PM the next day was starving as hell lol.

Comment

Yeah like after 10PM didn't eat anything.

The damn ghetto lab took forever I wasn't done till like 1:30PM so I didnt eat anything until like 2:00PM the next day was starving as hell lol.
            You should be able to bring 6.1 down to normal levels by avoiding simple carbs and regular exercise...which is really what everyone should be doing. Make some changes and get tested again...this is probably a good wake-up call for you.

Comment

You should be able to bring 6.1 down to normal levels by avoiding simple carbs and regular exercise...which is really what everyone should be doing. Make some changes and get tested again...this is probably a good wake-up call for you.
              Yeah bro thanks I plan to.

The thing is work always sends me out to events, conferences, business trips so I'm stuck on planes, hotels, eating horrible junk food and bar food/fast food for like 6 months of the year. Also at the networking events we are drinking up a storm to network and land accounts/close deals and of course its all bar fried food(carbs galore).

This is really what F'd me over. The good thing is this year 2020 they won't be sending me out that much since our big trip to Japan got canceled due to the CV drama.

I got a conference in Vegas in March and some on the east coast in sept and October but I plan to work out mostly cardio from now on like 5 days a week minimum. I even bought a new bike to bike up the big hill trails.

I'm eat ton of fish, salad, avocado, kiwi, nuts, chia seeds all the stuff thats supposed to lower that 6.1

Comment

I thought you had to be a fatty to be pre-diabetic. I've been slacking on my work outs and cardio for sure but never knew I'd be PD!

over 6.4 is Diabetes!

WTF???

**** dude, i'm sorry to hear that!!

I've eaten unhealthily my whole adult life pretty much, from micro burgers to endless takeaways. I should be a fat ass but I tend to limit myself to one meal a day actually, just to curb intake of calories. It's varied throughout my adult life but i've usually had some form of exercise going on, usually running. (which I hate but I love food so, what to do )

Why were you initially tested? Did you have symptoms or were you just having a routine check up?

I wish you all the luck buddy, try to stay disciplined with the food but don't forget to live too!

Comment

Yeah bro thanks I plan to.

The thing is work always sends me out to events, conferences, business trips so I'm stuck on planes, hotels, eating horrible junk food and bar food/fast food for like 6 months of the year. Also at the networking events we are drinking up a storm to network and land accounts/close deals and of course its all bar fried food(carbs galore).

This is really what F'd me over. The good thing is this year 2020 they won't be sending me out that much since our big trip to Japan got canceled due to the CV drama.

I got a conference in Vegas in March and some on the east coast in sept and October but I plan to work out mostly cardio from now on like 5 days a week minimum. I even bought a new bike to bike up the big hill trails.

I'm eat ton of fish, salad, avocado, kiwi, nuts, chia seeds all the stuff thats supposed to lower that 6.1
                  Oh well then...just let it all go. What's a little diabetes anyways.

Comment

Not in my bit

over 6.4 is Diabetes!

WTF???

Not on my watch. I’ll let old jap mejbdea

Don’t make make make me get carried up the flnt Fuji. Bro you my guy b I’ll drag you through hell’s. Me. I pulled Jose’s out my throat.y wife singed some hospital bs... you ain’t gong no mo ****ing place with out my and jhonnys permission

Comment

GreenK bro thanks!

YEah I told my lady lets eat ton of salmon and fish. Ive been taking those omega fish oil vitamins daily. Damn I should start eating more peanuts, I barely eat eggs too cause I don't got time to make them in the morning. Is it any type of eggs? Like hardboiled? Scrambled?

Good thing my lactose intolerant arse never drinks milk.
                      Yes eggs any style is good, personally i feel more full up on boiled eggs.

Someone in this thread mentioned alcohol, thats carbs,half that intake if possible, or whiskey neat.

Someone also mentioned intermittent fasting (Furn i think), thats very effective, to put v simple intermittent fasting and low/no carb will actually completely revwrse type 2 diabetes (been proven, multiple sources).

No carb is a bit hard, so just half what youd normally have, up your fibre intake (lots of nuts/seeds).

I wish you good health moving forwards!
                      Thank you for the greens.

Edit: i take 5000mg omega3 a day for a while, the dha and epa in it really really helps with my sleep quality, skin is nicer too. Its cos omega3 is precursory to melatonin being mafe in the brain, an important hormone that most of us are runninf low on....
                      Last edited by RightJab; 02-19-2020, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X