Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder's Head Trainer: I Don't Think Breland Should've Thrown Towel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Mark did anything wrong far as safety goes. Maybe overstepped his position and took advantage of trust a bit, but he did protect his fighter.

I've mixed feelings. I'm glad I am not Jay. In my business if anyone does anything I specifically said not to you are fired, I give no ****s. I do not care if you did it for safety, I do not care if I was wrong, your ass is fired. It's not a pride thing it's a trust thing. This though, this isn't money or someone maybe getting their toe stubbed, Wilder could die....bit more than a trust you to do what I say kinda thing. So, I'm just glad I don't have to deal with that.

Fair all around I say. Jay doesn't even seem angry about it he's just matter of factly saying he wouldn't have and doesn't know for sure why Breland did. No big deal really.

Comment

Power and knocking out bums was enough to feed wilders ego like he was god sent. Saying he would beat mike Tyson in his prime was enough for me to want wilder to get ktfo. Thanks fury.

Comment

Breland seems to be the only one that gives a **** about Wilder's well being. Wilder needed to be saved from himself.

Comment

He actually should have stopped it sooner in my opinion.

There was a point where Wilder was just walking back to the ropes and leaning on them and stopped throwing anything at all at Fury as he was coming in. Just waiting for Fury to pile on him.

At that point, with Wilder clearly injured and now not even throwing the right hand as Fury passes in towards him in his range, he has given up on trying to score the KO and its only inevitable that Fury beats on him until he falls over.

Comment

Deas just proved positive he's a complete eee-diottt who shouldn't even be in the sport anymore. What a completely ridiculous assessment. Had it continued, Wilder could've easily suffered permanent hearing loss, or worse. He was being beaten senseless, offering almost no resistance whatsoever. Shield my azz. Geez, what a mooeee-ronnn. SMH

Comment

God bless Mark Breland, he did the right thing! Wilder DID NOT have that "puncher's chance" that you hear about in boxing. Breland saved Wilder's health and career.

They need to be grateful and move along.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if they let Breland go. I've watched the fight about 3 times today, and i noticed Wilder was just off with him even before they made the fighter introductions. That plus Shelly Finkel being visibly pissed off by the fight being stopped. Funny thing is when deontay asked him why he stopped the fight, he couldn't even hear Breland when he replied "your ear is messed up"

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
                  Deas always been a clown level moron. Finally showing his true colours. Fire that Barney Gumble looking goon ASAP if you are going to continue fighting.
                  BWaHaahaHA!!

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                    Breland seems to be the only one that gives a **** about Wilder's well being. Wilder needed to be saved from himself.
                    Agreed. Shelly Finkel having a go at Breland for stopping it was just disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                      When a fighter starts reaching out to hold the ropes then you know the fight is a wrap.
                      I cringed everytime he did it

Comment

Working...
                      X