Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Happened to GOLOVKIN's Hype? Secret SNAC Transformation coming?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
    Cotto won MW title at 159 and fought at 157 and 155 and Canelo won MW title at 155. Neither of those guys, established A-side stars, made a fuss about Catchweights.

Canelo made 152 for Floyd and 155 for Cotto.

Cotto made 145 for Pacquiao

But GGG who was 32 years old and fighting guys like Praksa and Rosario (literal journeymen) refused to make any concessions. So, yeah, GGG had to wait for those fights. That's what happens.
    Cotto imposed the 159 CW on martinez.
    Cotto imposed the 157 CW on the other guy can't remember his name.
    Cotto imposed the 155 CW on Canelo (who wanted 156).

Cotto made 145 for Pacquiao because he was previously a 140 fighter and bigger than Pacquiao anyway. And he was B-side to Pacquiao. But any way, he accepted it. He could have said no... but he was tempted by big money and did it.

Canelo himself offered to make 152 for Floyd who was a natural WW himself... and did it for big money.

GGG was never tempted by big money to change a weight class or make a CW. And there was never an offer for him to fight Canelo at a CW any way. And he shouldn't have accepted if it existed because he was the mandatory and he couldn't be forced to accept a CW.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      Speculative??? Fkn saying “Anyone from 154-168” isn’t speculative you dope!

Go back and suk that gggood Dic!
      You have a red reputation and it's not because you're a genius and the world is wrong. It's because you are an *******. You didn't learn from the L you took the previous week against me.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
        It looks like the point you're trying to make is that because other fighters fought at a catch, then Golovkin should be required to do so. My point is that a fight for any belt should occur at the full limit of the division, and that fights between fighters of the same class, should occur at the division in which they both compete.

I disagree with the assertion that just because established A-side fighters do something, then it is acceptable. Case in point, Canelo tested positive for clenbuterol. Just because he did it, and he's an A-side, doesn't make consumption of illegal substances acceptable. I feel the same way about catch-weights. Just because Floyd, Manny, and Canelo do it, doesn't make it right.
        Did those guys fight at CW’s to benefit THEM?? Or the other guy to make the fight happen??? Brook probably WISHES he did a CW like Khan did...

Oscar and Cotto did a CW to benefit PAC... U can’t fix dummies that think like this guy does.
        Last edited by Shadoww702; 01-30-2020, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          You have a red reputation and it's not because you're a genius and the world is wrong. It's because you are an *******. You didn't learn from the L you took the previous week against me.
          Bi@tch unlike you I back my talk up with $$$$ you don’t! Because someone would OWN you! Didn’t you take ggg by TKO??? STFU.

Plenty of fights coming up! I’ll take Wilder against Fury loser bounces... Bye Felicia

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            You and your excuses! Did those guys fight at CW’s to benefit THEM?? Or the other guy to make the fight happen??? Brook probably WISHES he did a CW like Khan did...

This DOPE probably thinks both Oscar and Cotto did a CW with PAC to benefit them.... U can’t fix dummies that think like this guy does. Then when how FAVORITIE boxer says out of his OWN mouth ANYONE from 154-168 he shoves his head up hid &ss and plays dumb.
            Do you have the intellectual capacity to speak without the insults? Or, did you grow up with your mother constantly telling you how stupid you were, and it therefore ingrained into your vocabulary?

And I don't care about "154-168." I don't care who said it. I feel that title fights should be at the weight limit. I do not agree with catch-weights for fighters in the same division. I don't care who did it or why they did.

Now, can you present a consistent view of title fights, and what weight they should occur, irrespective of the individuals involved?

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              Cotto imposed the 159 CW on martinez.
              Cotto imposed the 157 CW on the other guy can't remember his name.
              Cotto imposed the 155 CW on Canelo (who wanted 156).

Cotto made 145 for Pacquiao because he was previously a 140 fighter and bigger than Pacquiao anyway. And he was B-side to Pacquiao. But any way, he accepted it. He could have said no... but he was tempted by big money and did it.

Canelo himself offered to make 152 for Floyd who was a natural WW himself... and did it for big money.

GGG was never tempted by big money to change a weight class or make a CW. And there was never an offer for him to fight Canelo at a CW any way. And he shouldn't have accepted if it existed because he was the mandatory and he couldn't be forced to accept a CW.
              Wow!!! So Cotto USED to fight at 140 so he could easily drop down in weight??? How long ago was that?? I sometimes have to reread your comments because they’re so damn STUPID!!!

You should post warning labels when ppl read your comments.

“WARNING reading Maxi’s comment will cause the reader to lose at least 5 IQ points”
              Last edited by Shadoww702; 01-30-2020, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                It's shocking that anyone had Golovkin P4P #1. I couldn't believe how so many got fooled by the hype.
                He was number 1 pfp by Ring Magazine for years. A staff of long time professional boxing writers decide who is number 1 to number 10. Hype had nothing to do with it. They are veteran boxing observers and they rated GGG number 1 pfp based on what they saw. Just because you never thought he was good doesn't make them wrong. Even today at almost 38 years old he is still rated number 7 pfp by Ring. Ring is owned by Oscar De La Hoya so they are not going to do him any favors. Where will Canelo be pfp when he is 37? GGG is still top 10 pfp by all the other respected lists as well. ESPN, Boxrec,Boxing Scene,you name a respected pfp top 10 best list and GGG is on it.

Comment

Maxi “Oscar used to fight at lower weight class”! He can EASILY fight pac at 147 again...

Comment

115-113 x 2 and 114-114

That's the best GODNELO could do against someone who is a hype job huh?

Canelo so good.

Comment

Originally posted by R-Hand Southpaw View Post
                      115-113 x 2 and 114-114

That's the best GODNELO could do against someone who is a hype job huh?

Canelo so good.
                      Yeah I don’t get that either??? I might make fun of ggg resume or things he said but I have never called him a hype job or over rated. In fact I still have him P4P top 10. The Sergiy fight was very close but he was also close with Jacobs and his own trainer was training Jacobs. Ppl forget about that! I’ve always said Sergiy is not joke and not an easy out at all...Sergiy has to be a top 30 P4P. Or at least close.

Comment

Working...
                      X