Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Happened to GOLOVKIN's Hype? Secret SNAC Transformation coming?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    You have a red reputation and it's not because you're a genius and the world is wrong. It's because you are an *******. You didn't learn from the L you took the previous week against me.
    No I have a red K because one guy who no longer is in this site bombed me with a TON of reds. Look how many points I have.

Comment

Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
      But GGG who was 32 years old and fighting guys like Praksa and Rosario (literal journeymen) refused to make any concessions. So, yeah, GGG had to wait for those fights. That's what happens.
      GGG was 29 on his HBO debut with Proksa.

Terence Crawford will be 33 this year...

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
        And I don't care about "154-168." I don't care who said it. I feel that title fights should be at the weight limit.
        lol. You’re so confused. You don’t care who said it? Everyone in boxing has heard GGG say it as well as his coach.

Is 154 a weight class for a belt? If you say you can make 154 from a division above, whom is a Champion, isn’t the obvious context for a title shot at 154? Or else why say it? You mean GGG said 154 to fight contenders?

Is 168 a weight class for a belt? If you say you can make 168 from a division below, whom is a Champion, isn’t the obvious context for a title shot at 168? Or else why say it? You mean GGG said 168 to fight contenders?

So now that you understand that... What difference does it make for GGG to fight at a catchweight from 154-160 if he wants a “big money fight.” There’s only three for his time, Floyd, Canelo, and Cotto. So GGG meant contenders instead those big money fight names?

Im trying to help you out here.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
          It looks like the point you're trying to make is that because other fighters fought at a catch, then Golovkin should be required to do so. My point is that a fight for any belt should occur at the full limit of the division, and that fights between fighters of the same class, should occur at the division in which they both compete.

I disagree with the assertion that just because established A-side fighters do something, then it is acceptable. Case in point, Canelo tested positive for clenbuterol. Just because he did it, and he's an A-side, doesn't make consumption of illegal substances acceptable. I feel the same way about catch-weights. Just because Floyd, Manny, and Canelo do it, doesn't make it right.
          If a fighter isnt willing to make concessions to make the best fights happen then that fighter will - rightfully - wait. Given GGG was in his prime then (32 years) he shouldve took the offers and built the legacy he claimed to want.

Floyd took concessions to fight DLH and that's what propelled him into becoming the richest sports athlete EVER. Not all of boxing, ALL OF SPORTS.

Manny made a gazillion by making concessions to fight DLH and Floyd

Canelo made gazillions by making concessions to fight Floyd and Cotto

When you are calling others out you need to be willing to make concessions. Otherwise you get in line.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Golovkin fanboys won't admit that GGG was a hype-job all along. They are so desperate to avoid the truth that they invented an insane theory that fighters start slowing down and generally not being as effective when they hit their mid/late 30s, and that the older they get, the more noticeable this imaginary decline becomes.

Can you believe that shit?

Those GGGturds are punch of p u s s i e's man.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Golovkin fanboys won't admit that GGG was a hype-job all along. They are so desperate to avoid the truth that they invented an insane theory that fighters start slowing down and generally not being as effective when they hit their mid/late 30s, and that the older they get, the more noticeable this imaginary decline becomes.

Can you believe that shit?
              Here's the thing though. A guy like Floyd Mayweather was expected to beat top level fighters well into his late 30's and even when he won those fights people still criticized those wins. When you create an environment where you hold fighters up to insane standards every fighter who has any failings will get heat.

You're right however, Golovkin is an old fighter but people don't see it that way. They expect him to be able to beat champion after champion in his late 30's the same way Floyd did in his late 30's.

Comment

ggg a hype job but nelo had 2 close fights with the "hype job".. nelo never had a convincingly win over the hype job so what does that make nelo then? hype job 2.0?

Comment

Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
                  If a fighter isnt willing to make concessions to make the best fights happen then that fighter will - rightfully - wait. Given GGG was in his prime then (32 years) he shouldve took the offers and built the legacy he claimed to want.

Floyd took concessions to fight DLH and that's what propelled him into becoming the richest sports athlete EVER. Not all of boxing, ALL OF SPORTS.

Manny made a gazillion by making concessions to fight DLH and Floyd

Canelo made gazillions by making concessions to fight Floyd and Cotto

When you are calling others out you need to be willing to make concessions. Otherwise you get in line.
                  Ok. You said a shorter version of this, and provided a list of names, citing Golovkin's unwillingness to budge in weight as the concession needing to be made. My point was that most of the names on the list were MW fighters/champs, and therefore no concession was needed. I further contend that an offer, with an included concession, was made to fight Ward, leaving your list of fighters that Golovkin should make a concession to fight with just Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
                    lol. You’re so confused. You don’t care who said it? Everyone in boxing has heard GGG say it as well as his coach.

Is 154 a weight class for a belt? If you say you can make 154 from a division above, whom is a Champion, isn’t the obvious context for a title shot at 154? Or else why say it? You mean GGG said 154 to fight contenders?

Is 168 a weight class for a belt? If you say you can make 168 from a division below, whom is a Champion, isn’t the obvious context for a title shot at 168? Or else why say it? You mean GGG said 168 to fight contenders?

So now that you understand that... What difference does it make for GGG to fight at a catchweight from 154-160 if he wants a “big money fight.” There’s only three for his time, Floyd, Canelo, and Cotto. So GGG meant contenders instead those big money fight names?

Im trying to help you out here.
                    No, I don't care who said it. I'm not GGG, so I don't have to defend his position, nor that of his idiot former trainer. My position is a consistent one. Furthermore, two of the names on your list are MW champs.

And I'm pretty sure Golovkin would have made 154 for the other one...

Comment

What happend to the hype, Ummmm have you checked the guys Age? Hes 40 yrs old.

Comment

Working...
                      X