Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sparring Footage with me and my mate - Some advice/or help to improve would be nice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring Footage with me and my mate - Some advice/or help to improve would be nice

Hey all my name is Yung and I been boxing since 2013. Havent had any fights, just done two exhibitions and a lot of sparring, this is a little sparring footage of me and my mate practicing together. I understand sparring and fighting are two different things so we werent really going all out.

I'm the short guy with the white t-shirt and head gear on. He is a southpaw with the black singlet on and is slightly the taller fighter.

I had to post 15 posts to get this up so I hope I wasnt spamming haha.

But this forum seems good and I might stick around!

I'm always looking for room to improve so some advice and tips would be nice.
    RIght now I'm wanting to work on how to fight taller fighters and learn working on "how to get on the inside"

Please view this video and give me some recommended advice and tell me what you think of the sessions.

Cheers.

Part 1

Part 2

Last edited by YunG_Fighter; 02-09-2019, 03:25 PM.

I only had time to watch the first vid but good ish.

You look pretty good, for the most part. Did see you throw your hand out lazily at times out and back, you can pay for that against someone fast looking for easy counters. Also it's risky to switch defensive stances so close, especially if he's in the middle of a combination lol. Floyd does that often when he's feeling confident, but you can get caught in transition. I do like how you keep moving for the most part, circle your opponent but don't let him set, if you can't take the center of the ring.

Your friend looks sharp for the most part as well, he reminds me of myself a little, he's a little stiff, but I loved some of the things he did, like pushing your guard away to sneak in a shot, an advanced move. He does leave himself open a lot though, if he always fights out of a shell he needs to work on his defensive postures.

Comment

I wouldnt box behind a window if you want to improve I suggest getting a better sparring partner

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        I only had time to watch the first vid but good ish.

You look pretty good, for the most part. Did see you throw your hand out lazily at times out and back, you can pay for that against someone fast looking for easy counters. Also it's risky to switch defensive stances so close, especially if he's in the middle of a combination lol. Floyd does that often when he's feeling confident, but you can get caught in transition. I do like how you keep moving for the most part, circle your opponent but don't let him set, if you can't take the center of the ring.
        Thanks mate. Yeah I need to work on my conditioning and fitness haha, I been doing boxing on and off and love to do sparring sessions.

It's the fight game, you can never master it and there's always something to learn. I need to work on my inside game but I dislike getting hit lol

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
        I wouldnt box behind a window if you want to improve I suggest getting a better sparring partner
        What's wrong with my mate? The tall guy with the black singlet and no headgear. My coach told me it always good to spar bigger people

Comment

He’s to green box guys with more experience than you and get a knowledge coach

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
            He’s to green - box guys with more experience than you and get a knowledge coach
            What's that suppose to mean mate? Care to explain lol.

And cheers, thanks for the tips

Comment

[QUOTE=YunG_Fighter;19501312]What's that suppose to mean mate? Care to explain lol.

And cheers, thanks for the tips[/QUOTE
              My mistake I thought you were the taller guy
              Last edited by Luilun; 02-10-2019, 02:15 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Luilun;19502329]
                Originally posted by YunG_Fighter View Post

Yeah my mate is very good. He's had multiple of fights

I always struggle against taller fighter

Comment

[QUOTE=Luilun;19502329]

I made the same mistake too..

Comment

Thanks mate. Yeah I need to work on my conditioning and fitness haha, I been doing boxing on and off and love to do sparring sessions.

It's the fight game, you can never master it and there's always something to learn. I need to work on my inside game but I dislike getting hit lol

What's wrong with my mate? The tall guy with the black singlet and no headgear. My coach told me it always good to spar bigger people

Some wise words that Tyson once said, but not in these exact words....boxing is like a drug...just a like an addict is always chasing the perfect high, a boxer is always chasing the perfect round....and he can never achieve it...there is always something you know you can do better.

Comment

Working...
                    X