No announcement yet.

GOP wants to grab student loan payments right out of your paycheck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by man down View Post
    There's no fine for health insurance anymore, trump tossed it out.

If you're only making 17hr with a degree you need your head checked. I know a lot of people making 25 30 with no degree.
    That's not then point I am trying to make stop arguing the extreme. The data shows you potentially will make more money than people without a degrees.

So what I know drug dealers making millions should we all go out and sell dope? It's not the norm at all. In 2019 the average person with a degree makes more than people without them.

That's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
      You don't need a college degree to be a plumber, welder, auto-mechanic, machinist, electrician, etc. And the good part? Those jobs can't be outsourced.

You also don't need a college degree to work as a prison guard, cop, fireman, etc. Lots of opportunities out there. Just have to look.
      Dude those blue collar skills sets were not pushed in high schools. Shop class doesn't exist anymore back when I was growing up trade schools were dying out for computer base high school classes.

Wood working class is dead. My nephew didn't even know how to work a drill.

The older generation skills now goes to illegals or Hispanics. That Mason work, wood working and plumping is died to this new generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
        Both my wife and I had small student loans back in the day. She used hers for tuition; I used mine to buy food.

We both paid it all back in full.
        Have you seen the cost of college now?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
          What's the issue? You take out a loan, you pay it back.
          All other loans can be forgiving or dropped to too bankruptcy.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
            That's not then point I am trying to make stop arguing the extreme. The data shows you potentially will make more money than people without a degrees.

So what I know drug dealers making millions should we all go out and sell dope? It's not the norm at all. In 2019 the average person with a degree makes more than people without them.

That's a fact.
            Lol nothing on the fact about insurance?

The point is people DO make money without a degree. If you bought into having to get a degree to make 17hr that's your bad. Take some responsibility and pay your debt. You knew schooling wasn't free before you joined.

Comment

Lol nothing on the fact about insurance?

The point is people DO make money without a degree. If you bought into having to get a degree to make 17hr that's your bad. Take some responsibility and pay your debt. You knew schooling wasn't free before you joined.
              Well I filled my taxes last week and they asked for proof of insurance so idk what your talking about.

The point in this argument is if somebody is already paying their study loans why is the government still going to reach in your pocket to tell you you need to pay more. That's just big government.

Dude there's a lot of people making less than $17 with a degree. If they can't get a job then it proves the economy is in rough shape

I own a 3bedroom house at 26 years old so idk what you are trying to do with repeating the $17 a hour debate with me. I am living well. But that doesn't mean I can't look out for others. I am for justice for all.

Comment

There's no fine for health insurance anymore, trump tossed it out.

If you're only making 17hr with a degree you need your head checked. I know a lot of people making 25 30 with no degree.
                The fee for not having health insurance will still be in place for 2018. Those who forgo insurance will pay a fee of either $695 for each uninsured adult and $347.50 for each uninsured child or 2.5 percent of your household income – whichever is higher. That fee does not go away until 2019.

That just started. Student loans has been going on for years.

Comment

If you want to work in corporate you need a degree period.
                  That is also false.

I work for a corporation, and as I said, I dropped out of college.

Can you please quit stating your opinions as fact, please? It's getting old fast.

Not everyone can be a blue collar or entrepreneur ( which makes a lot of money).
                  That's irrelevant to the discussion.

It's easier to get student loans than a bank business loan and that's a fact.
                  Again, not relevant whatsoever.

If you dont like the terms of a student loan, simply don't get one. Then you have nothing to worry about in terms of wage garnishments.

Why are you arguing this fact???

Comment

The fee for not having health insurance will still be in place for 2018. Those who forgo insurance will pay a fee of either $695 for each uninsured adult and $347.50 for each uninsured child or 2.5 percent of your household income – whichever is higher. That fee does not go away until 2019.

That just started. Student loans has been going on for years.
                    Thanks Obama!

Comment

They should still get paid this issue is a hard issue to tackle. I feel everybody needs go chip in to take down this debt.
                      Do what?!?!

Whoever takes out a loan is responsible for repaying it.

Again, what's wrong with this basic concept?

Comment

Working...
                      X