No announcement yet.

24 hours for Wilder and Fury to agree

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davef View Post
    yea pretty much my train of thought whoever loses out of them both will be getting offered peanuts from Hearn despite them taking more risk than his own fighter but I guess thats how boxing works

i think of a rematch between them as a cheque they can cash at anytime even if either of them lose to AJ they can always fight each other and ppl will be interested to see what happens if they clash again

both will be wise to not take more damage wait to see the AJ
    vs Miller outcome and see whats on the table and if Hearn still plays low ball fight each other and freeze AJ out
    and from what I have read this morning, if the rematch is at MSG on May 18th, that is a clear message that they want to draw viewers away from an AJ fight at the Barclays Centre on June 1st.

Bold move.

Comment

Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
      and from what I have read this morning, if the rematch is at MSG on May 18th, that is a clear message that they want to draw viewers away from an AJ fight at the Barclays Centre on June 1st.

Bold move.
      I really don't think it affects the Joshua/Miller fight. In fact it enhance it IMHO, that gives Team Joshua enough time to put things into action. Knowing that their event takes place later on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        I really don't think it affects the Joshua/Miller fight. In fact it enhance it IMHO, that gives Team Joshua enough time to put things into action. Knowing that their event takes place later on.
        I will probably watch both fights. I like NYC fights, late enough that I can sleep for a bit before the card

But the UK casual market won't flock in their hundreds of thousands to one of these, let alone both IMO.

I wonder how many times UK fans will Google 'Wilder/Fury ring walk time' beforehand

Comment

Here we are, one week later and no announcement. Just rumors. No way they fight on May 18th, too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            Theyll get more time. Similar to the delays in the Joshua/Povetkin announcement. People got their knickers in a twist when that wasnt announced on the exact second of the first deadline.
            Povetkin was a mandatory challenger. A deadline had passed months ago while Hearn was trying to get the Wilder fight, he put in two extension periods. The fight was agreed to then announced at a different period when the final destination was specified. Total different circumstances.

The difference here these two don't have to fight each other as nothing would be actually enforced, it's a big joke.

Comment

come on you don't know the truth behind these deals and whatever little things have been put in the contract in regards to the PPV split ect its not just a simple here have 40% of the pie same way i believe wilders 50mill offer was full of BS

It is pressuring Joshua and Hearn that same way you pressure someone in poker calling their bluff tell me where will joshua go after miller if fury and wilder rematch at a later date after his fight? ortiz? no chance hearn aint interested whyte? he wants paying through the nose and theres little reward for beating him again

what else is left? he won't have a credible opponent and will need to pay more to get fury and wilder to fight him instead of each other thats pressure and good business sense if either of you think you are smarter than the teams behind wilder and fury go submit an application to showtime ect

Wilder won't fight AJ for two reasons which are he has a rematch Claus again and he's not interested in A J should he win or bypassing Fury has a Mandatory he's been avoiding so that's another year gone and achievements of avoiding Joshua to take lesser fights. So team AJ isn't actually concerned about Wilder he has Usyk, Pulev and Whyte to keep him busy , he'll just over pay those guys if Wilder keeps dodging and save money anyway with Wilder s 50% antics of nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
                The WBC gave these two clowns a week to come up with an agreement and that ends in 24 hours. There hasn't been a word about it since and I am guessing that they haven't come to terms yet. How much do you want to bet that the WBC gives them more time? Also, they are scared to death that if it goes to a purse bid, Hearn and DAZN will buy it hahahaha. But I am sure that Wilder's fans will spin this somehow...
                The split needs to be 55-45 for Wilder and get the contract signed. No reason to p@ssy foot around.

Comment

I might be alone on this but I don't care if they don't rematch right away they both walked away without their reputations in tatters wilder can actually punch hard even against top level and fury is still the best boxer in the HW division and both are young enough it can be made in year or two

both of them should keep pressuring Joshua back him in to a corner cos after Miller they are his only options
                  I think you're alone. I want to see who is truly the best between them first. No need for another opponent........YET.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Pressuring Joshua? You do know Joshua has offered both 60/40 splits right?
                    Lol why offer splits to fighters who are in the midst of rematch negotiations? Makes perfect sense......

You must be Eddie Hearn in disguise.....it's the only thing that explains how fkn stupid you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                      I think you're alone. I want to see who is truly the best between them first. No need for another opponent........YET.
                      You saw that on Dec 1. The whole world saw Fury get robbed.

Comment

Working...
                      X